Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N9 Orientation bug

Contributor
suzughia

N9 Orientation bug

[ Edited ]

I've received my N9 yesterday it's a 64GB Black CV Switzerland N9.

After turning on the first time the device asked for update - it comes with PR1.1 -, I've charged it on the wallmount and the updated to PR1.2, after updated to PR1.2 a strange orientation behavior appeared.

All the app are started in landscape, no matter if the phone is actually in portrait mode. To achieve portrait mode I must close the app with a swipe and the reopen it, it will open in portrait mode, when in portrait mode if I rotate the phone into landscape mode the app will switch to it but if I put it back into portrait the app wont, it will stand in landscape - I must apply the same behavior as before to achieve portrait.

I've also noticed that when the app start in landscape with the phone holed in portrate the angle of swipe are as the phone is in landscape - that is not.

How can I proceed? I've already done soft and hard reset, but it doesn't resolve the issue, must I take it to a Nokia Care Point?

Seems to me a hardware failure: orientation sensor or accelerometer.

Any clue?

Thanks and best regards.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Re: N9 Orientation bug

since you did a soft/hard reset already and the bug is still there, then you most likely have only 1 of 2 problems...

as you stated, it can be a faulty equipment issue....so the device would have to be swapped as that is not a fixable part since it is soldered to the board.

however, if you have the ability to flash your device, which some parts that are required to do that cannot be discussed here, you may find some of that information at www.talk.maemo.org , you may have just an OS issue that may be able to be fixed by a complete flash....which the nokia center would most likely do first to eliminate that as an issue before they replace a device.

so, if you can flash your device, then that may save you a trip...
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor
suzughia

Re: N9 Orientation bug

Please use plain text.