Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 PR1.2: Unable to turn on "Developer mode"

akiran
Accepted Solution

N9 PR1.2: Unable to turn on "Developer mode"

I tried to turn it on, "Developer mode" but failed. There are two type of phenomenon.

a) Keep spinning circle with "Preparing for installation" but never completed.

b) Unable to Start Operation, Refreshing Cache.

For solving b), I understand that removing /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list is solution.

But I cannot remove this without enabling developer mode.

I tried to remove this file from File box application but failed with error.

Does anyone have another solution for turing on "Developer mode" with this situation?

I need your help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
midoz26

i had the same problem, got my application manager CHECKING FOR UPDATES looping forever, cant install or uninstall anything wiz the stupid message of refreshing cashe, i tried using the terminal , i had my developer mode on, but again it didnt solve it, so i just uninstalled few recent apps, and its DONE!so try reboot and uninstall ur recent apps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I had the same issue and its the Filemanager that is the problem. 

I had to do a soft reset to be able to uninstall it without using the terminal.(Hold the icon, press red X and uninstall)

Just rebooting the phone didnt work. 

Please use plain text.
akiran

Hello midoz26,

Thank you for your feedback. Let me confirm what you did. Did you success to remove the file, "filemanager.list" or turn on "developer mode" after uninstall some apps?

I tried but I could not do both. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

i had the same issue on one of my devices. it is easier to just reflash the rootfs on the device.

that will rewrite all the OS files, but leave your personal data on the emmc (MyDocs).

you would have to reinstall your applications, but it should fix it.

note: the unit i had the issue on was an ota update, not the one i flashed directly. so in the end, i ended up flashing both!
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
akiran

Hello ceroberts75

I tried to re-flash again by using Nokia Software Updater on Windows PC.

then it success to turn on Developer mode finally!

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards

akiran

Please use plain text.