Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 Wi-Fi internet connectivity problem

Advisor
jrobong

tried those settings they don't work :smileysad: enable/disable no difference
Please use plain text.
Contributor
staurem

Similar problem / discussion in a maemo thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1128304

Please use plain text.
trekkele

ok, forget what i said, the bug is still there. unfortunately my discovery was just a temporary fix....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Xose

[ Edited ]

Hi there, this discussion thread started a month ago (25/10/2011) and since then there has been no sign of life from Nokia (at least not an obvious one). It would be appropriate and very appreciated if Nokia could post some comment on that issue. For me it's one of the top issues on the N9 - unfortunately not the only one - but a specially annoying one!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SITI87hajar

This is really a top issue of my Nokia N9.

Nokia 3310, 8250, 6070, 6060, 3120, 1110, 1280, 5300 XpressMusic, N76, 6120 classic, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, N900, C3-00, N8-00, N9, 700, X2-01, Asha 302, Lumia 610, Lumia 920, Asha 501, Lumia 820 and Lumia 1520... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
trekkele

this is the only bug i see in my N9, as of now and i hope it will be fixed in the upcoming PR1.2 firmware.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Xose

Hope is good - a short, small, tiny confirmation from Nokia would be better, great, superb ... it is to despair!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jmac3009

My N9 connects to WiFi but the icon just flicks to blue and them back to white.  In the Update maps screen(s), even though the WiFi icon is on (white) the map screen says 'Connect to Wi-Fi network to download maps.'

Please use plain text.
Advisor
poteron

Looks like this problem is kind of elusive, as symptoms keep changing.

For a while I thought that wifi works if the phone is charging, so it would not go into powersave.

Turns out that was just a coincidence.  Now  it is just barely connected to wifi, data trickling through in spotty manner, very slowly.  Podcatcher and gPodder are unusable, as they don't seem to get down any new shows.  Web browsing works almost ok, but image downloading is very slow.  

N9 16Gb, PR 1.1, powersave off, no SIM card at all.

I set the wifi access point (Freebox Revolution) to auto-select the channel. There is no way to turn off or select b/g/n that I know of, all are always enabled.

Encryption is  WPA (TKIP + AES)

For the record, IPad, Nexus One, Nokia C7, N8, various laptops seem to work fine the same Wifi.  N9 is the only one with issues.  

Btw. N9 has been proposing updates for User Manual, Real Golf,  and two others I don't recall, but download always fails.  I presume this is also wifi issue...?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Layer8

I had problems while using the 2.4GHz band.  Even though the signal was strong, the connection would drop and come back every now and then.  I have no problems while using the 5GHz band.  So, I set the phone to use the 5GHz network automatically and the 2.4GHz network manually.  My AP is NETGEAR WNDR3700.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jmac3009

I have managed to fix my problem.

1) Turn off Power saving - Device|Battery|Power Saving.  If this is on it will turn off the WiFi when it thinks it is not being used!  You can turn it back on when finished the map downloads.

2) In the Map application go to Settings and turn 'On-line' on.  This seems to turn itself off...

After that the map was selected and downloaded.  Took a very long time to install and seemed to freeze a couple of times but in the end, it all works. I am now downloading my next map!  I like the 'tick', so have not used the manual method.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SITI87hajar

Switching the POWER SAVER mode to ON / OFF is not helping for me. Facebook, Twitter, and everything that requires the Internet connection is not working on my N9. i can't even update the weather using the AccuWeather app.

Nokia 3310, 8250, 6070, 6060, 3120, 1110, 1280, 5300 XpressMusic, N76, 6120 classic, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, N900, C3-00, N8-00, N9, 700, X2-01, Asha 302, Lumia 610, Lumia 920, Asha 501, Lumia 820 and Lumia 1520... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jrobong

For those having internet and wi-fi issue after 2 days. What make is your model?

Mine N9 64Gb Made in China. Please kindly share.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SITI87hajar

Made in China, Firmware PR1.1_005, 16GB.

I'm standing next to the router and suddenly the phone says "Network unavailable"?! :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
poteron

This looks like a software issue, not a hardware problem.  

Some wifi access points apparently work fine with N9, but many don't.

Many people are affected (cannot load maps, Ovi apps won't install, etc.) are all probably symptoms of this.   I guess this is probably no 1. priority for Nokia to fix, at least should be.

Lets hope we get a new firmware soon. 

Please use plain text.
krapansky

Same here, only reboot is fixing the problem :smileysad:

I checked, that you could reach remote host through terminal (for example with ping or wget), so its a problem gconf or something...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LaRose

Just bought my N9 ytd. Having the same problems. It was working perfectly fine last night and early this morning, then suddenly it just cannot connect to internet. I can't even connect using mobile data plans. This is quite frustrating, especially since I'm already having problems with transferring all my data from ym old phone (E51) to N9. Really hoping there'll be a fix soon...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
staurem

I have observed in last week if there is systematic in the connection problem (mobile provider & wlan). But no conclusion possible.

So only reboot fix the problem.

Does anyone get a reaction from Nokia?

Please use plain text.
team3000

I bought my n9 a few days ago and am experiencing the same problems with wi-fi and 3g,

even though if it runs on the meego harmattan 1.2 version software.

The only thing that seems to help is to reboot the device.

Are there any new software uptadates available?

Did anyone get a response from nokia?

Please use plain text.
WilliamPhuoc

Please guideline to me configuration 5 Ghz on N9
Please use plain text.