Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 Wi-Fi internet connectivity problem

Jopo2012

Forgot to mention that I switched data roaming on also.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jrobong

@ Jopo2012 Hey can you guide us the steps slowly to those settings? I can't find a setting that restricts data and for data roaming there's only always ask and always allow.

Please use plain text.
Jopo2012

OK.Go to settings and  under  the mobile network you should find all the setting needed to make the changeswifi to get 3g and wifi to work. A tleast here in Finland with Finnish UI I can find data roaming switch which you can turn to allways allow position. Also on the same "page" you'll find data? counter option, under that there is option to choose whether you'll use data restriction. Hope this helps, at least it did the trick for me.

Please use plain text.
herlan

The Device just start selling it in Costa Rica, I got same problem, I can not connect to my wireless internet @ home, i had an iphone4 and i had no similar problems. it takes forever to connect (when it does) but no succesfull connection at all.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jrobong

@ Jopo2012 :smileysad: No such settings. I guess if its under mobile network then it's probably your network provider N9 settings.

Please use plain text.
Labrec

I Am in Canada, and I just got my Nokia N9, I love it all works except wifi connection wpa2.aes Which is n only for wifi, I am network analysis and technians for internet. I Have a dual band route and it has very low signal on my wpa2 connection .I Have my n900 and it doesnt have any wifi issue . Its Very noticeable that the N9 has trouble with wifi. Please Fix FOR 1.2. Im On 1.1
Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

[ Edited ]

@Labrec

I am in Germany and I am using wpa2 connection at home all the time. Strong signal strength, stable and fast connection in which ever room or level of the house I am connecting to the router.

Connection to my wifi is established within one second.

No problems at all with wifi for me.

So I am wondering what's the issue in your case.

winny

Please use plain text.
Labrec

i have no idea, the  signal is always weak, and after a certain of time it disconnect , once i get connections

any way to bring back to Pr.1.0?

wat can i do

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

If WLAN issues with N9, please check the FAQ below for discussion of some potential reasons for the problems.

What to check if WLAN problems with Nokia N9?

E.g. the power save mode or 802.11n mode may cause problems with certain access points. If trying to connect to home WLAN, it's worth checking that the latest firmware version is installed in the access point.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

Labrec wrote:
I Am in Canada, and I just got my Nokia N9, I love it all works except wifi connection wpa2.aes Which is n only for wifi, I am network analysis and technians for internet. I Have a dual band route and it has very low signal on my wpa2 connection .I Have my n900 and it doesnt have any wifi issue . Its Very noticeable that the N9 has trouble with wifi. Please Fix FOR 1.2. Im On 1.1

Hi,

If my phone is fully charged no problem

also if low battery  or if you have problems just plug it in and also OK (till 1.2)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jrobong

I got my new replacement yet I'm still facing with this issue. I've posted the bug on harmattan bugs nokia but I have yet to get a fix or any response at all. I just don't understand why that it seems only a few of us are experiencing this, it's harder for them to investigage with it like this.

Please use plain text.
Sage

try using 11g or 11b or tkip (also upgrade firmware on access point)
i think it will be fixed in 1.2 mine does it a bit but only at low battery, if fully charged or oncharge it is fine.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Alejandro_Vivo

Hello everyone!

First of all, I apologyze for my english.

I've been reading all your comments about this issue, and I just can't believe this is happening.
I bought a Nokia N9 last week, and I realized that it had this wifi problem.

I could connect to my private wlan connection, at home, and I didn't have any problem. I watched YouTube videos, checked my e-mail, and everything was ok.
The problem came up when I tried to update it's firmware. It downloaded a 200 mb file, but it' was tooooooooo slow... After a few hours, it finished, the phone software was updated, but the problem was still there.

The same happened when I wanted to download 25 mb of maps!!! Finally, I used a 3G connection.......

The next day, I returned the device to the store, they gave me my money back, and today I bought a new one...

It has the same issue...........

It's so strange that it only fails when trying to download apps (maps, games, software updates), but it works perfectly in other uses..

Bye, and thanks for your time!

Alejandro

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zmphx

Useless PR1.2 update!

Wireless Signal still POOR!

and Maps still without traffic data.

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

[ Edited ]

I really don't know why you all guys have WIFI problems... Neither the black Austria 64gb phone (PR1.2) nor the white Swiss 64gb phone (PR1.1) has or had any problem at all with my wireless lan at home.

The WIFI connections for both are stable and fast using an old "g" router from Telekom Germany.

/winny

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccmp

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone.

At home i have a WPA2 encrypted wireless network working in 802.11n mode(150 Mbit/s N mode). The channel number is 6, wmm mode enabled, and 802.11n mode uses these HT capabilities: [HT40-][SHORT-GI-40][SHORT-GI-20][RX-STBC1][DSSS_CCK-40][MAX-AMSDU-7935]

I tested my wireless network on two laptops, and on both of them actual download speed was >= 5 MB/s , and once it was even near 10 MB/s

But when I use my wireless network on my N9 I get download speed 1.6 - 2.4 MB/s . It seems that my N9 device works in simple "G" mode, not "N". But why? How can I use all benefits of "N" mode on my N9? Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
bolshoib

Hi all !

I have .... I had the same problem;-)
Today I had to update PR1.2 on 3G ... very long. (to eurodisney ...) 
I could not do the update with WIFI at home ! very bad trip !

But tonight I managed to make installations and updates via WIFI.
I simply set the mode in 3G internet access to 'manual' and wifi to 'automatic' !

And it work fine now !!

I can download wireless (WIFI - Livebox Orange wifi b/g/n - France) apps from store and update apps !

kisses

Please use plain text.
bolshoib

And no restriction in 3G and WIFI and no battery power saving mode
Please use plain text.
Advisor
diegoMS

I'm french and i'm using a freebox V6, disabling 802.11n mode works perfectly for me!

aller sur mafreebox.Freebox.fr ====> wifi ====>configuration ===> mode 802.11n : changer de MHz ou le désactiver =====> valider.

source : http://www.aduf.org/viewtopic.php?p=1623786

Please use plain text.