Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N9 average idle consumption

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

N9 average idle consumption

26 mA avg. Idle consumption "warning".  Suggestions on what to do about it, please ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
emceedjcd

Re: N9 average idle consumption

I'm guessing you are using the app called battery usage and getting that message.

Are their programs running? I know that the battery monitor for the N9 gives me that same warning when I'm listening to music, even though I wouldn't consider that being idle. There's nothing that I know that you can do about it besides e-mail the author of the app and tell them about it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

26 is good. my unit shows 46 at idle, because i have so mony things running in the background.

wp7.5 is much higher than even mine.

you have nothing to worry about with that number. :smileywink:
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks for the info.  Previous phone was an E6 which despite some faults had fabulous battery life.  N9 seems to lose 30% of its battery life in <6 hours. Is that what I should normally expect? Have updated soft ware and hopefully adjusted settings for minimal battery drain.  Is there an N9 list that you know of or is it just what one always does w Nokia to conserve energy...

Please use plain text.
Sage
emceedjcd

I don't know of any best practices lists for the N9's battery. I do know that there are several threads that you can search for on this site about the N9's battery drain.

losing 30% < 6 hours doesn't sound normal. Even doing some texting and light web browsing at work, I can usually get through a 9 hour day at work (including one for lunch) and still be at around 70%. Less if I listen to music of course.

Maybe a stray program running in the background?  Also, how's the reception that you are getting most of the day? Where I work, I'm ok as long as I don't have to go to the underground part of the building. If I go there, any smartphone I take (if I don't remember to put it on offline mode) will start losing power pretty quick searching for a signal.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I do fly for a living and generally do not put phone in flight mode,  Good idea.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
SymbianSimian

[ Edited ]
http://store.ovi.com/content/258647?clickSource=search&pos=1 Button to switch flight mode on/off quickly, works great. Fellow pilot, average idle consumption 10mA
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ryuu

Hi guys! My N9 looks little bit confused. After long time i downloaded Battery Usage app again to see what my consumption looks like. First day in Idle consumption was about 5mA when i didn't use N9 and after listening to music it was about 18mA. I think, that's ok. But than, i tried how much will Power Saving Mode improve the N9's battery life. I turned it on 13h ago (in the evening, so i didn't use N9 all the time) and now it shows me, that Avg Idle consumption is 24mA!

So i just turned on even flight mode and I will let you know how it behaves.

But, don't you know why is Idle cons. higher with psm? PLEASE help me with this! Thanks!
Please use plain text.