Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: N9 battery draining after PR1.2 update

revenol

I get the same problem after update the PR1.2

And the 'restore' operation seems does not work.

Please use plain text.
Sage
krishgetz

My idle consumption is being shown as 13mA, which is quite low. But the problem is every app drains the battery.

I usually play a lot of music and the Symbian OS takes a lot less battery power than the Meego for the same. I usually play close to 8-9 hrs of music + usual day-to-day activites on my Symbian and it lasts for 2 days solid.

The Meego is certainly battery draining.

All said, the Symbian OS is not as slick as the Meego.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
SNLM

[ Edited ]

Right after PR1.2 updates, my N9 drew quite some power. However, after letting it relax overnight, it got back to the normal power consumption now.

Currently, I would say PR1.2 uses a little bit more power than PR1.1. Especially if you are running apps. I wonder if this is the same for everyone?

Avg Idle Consumption: ~ 40-50mA (with WIFI on, used to be 29mA)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MEgaLamozz

so, is there no solution on this problem? Only clear device can help?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Elephas

[ Edited ]

If you have an average idle consumtion of 136 mA do you think one can give the phone back? Things become worse and worse with this N9 and I do not want to wait till its too late.

Please use plain text.
tkorho

[ Edited ]

I have N9 PR1.2 (30.2012.07-1_PR_001) and I also have had quite a battery drain overall. I have used the Battery Usage application, but since it itself is quite large drain, I don't trust it anymore.

However I was at first very happy with PR1.2 battery performance. Then after using (and tuning) a bit I was again disappointed and got again a day of uptime. I tried different battery saving tricks I have tried earlier - including Toggle PSM application whenever I don't actively need the phone. (This level of battery control should be rather internal to the mobile OS.)

Now I *think* I have found a clue for better battery life. The Events RSS Feeds. To me it looks like that them being present there in the Events view is enough. Even if they are not scheduled to be updated, I get large battery drain. If I don't have any RSS Feeds on the Events view, then I get about 2 days uptime with decent use (a couple of phones, healthy amoung of web surfing. 2 emails checking in every couple of hours, weather info.). This includes manually updating and checking the RSS through the RSS application every now and then! But not using them in the Events home screen.

I'll test further, also with full battery saving mode to see if network checking is also major factor.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qvarnstrom

Now it really is an adventure to have an N9 :smileyhappy:

Updated to PR 1.2 yesterday late and now my battery died after 7 hours of idle. Not doing anything except laying around on a shelve at work.

Had 1 percent left so spent it resetting the settings and I hope it will work.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
njeisecke

hi,

this is my battery draining process:
14161 1 user S N 98432 9.6 2.1 /usr/bin/presenced

after a reboot, the process will work normally again.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
absynth30

I received PR1.2 update notification 2 weeks ago but since i read this thread i am a little affraid to make the upgrade. So far i am happy with PR1.1 content and also battery lifetime ~ 3 days.

Avg idle consuption is ~ 7mA

Do you have any solution so far for the draining issue? Should i go fo the upgrade ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
see38

Below is my battery usage

Avg Active  276mA

Avg Idle      220mA

What should I do now?

Is it a software problem or Battery problem? Should I claim for warrenty?

Pls advice me on this!!

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
see38

after reset it would be working fine.LOL

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CallumBrierly

I did have the same problem, but I found that it was because my gmail schedule was 'always up to date', now I've changed it to every hour and my idle consumption has gone down to 8mA.

Please use plain text.