Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N9 lag and slow after 1.2 update FIX!

Contributor
NuRo

N9 lag and slow after 1.2 update FIX!

After updated my phone to 1.2 felt like very slow,made a thread here and god not solution. After a while i started to think "what if the firmware flashed wrong and that's why it gets slow??" and from that ideea started to google around how to reflash the firmware again. On the link below you have all the info,i chosen "comprehensive reset" option. The phone is snappy and responsive as it should be ! 

Link:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693

Please if you have no knowledge with "cmd" or comands do not try this before taking some information,i would offer myself to help some people over "teamviewer" that really know anything about. 

All the thanx goes to the guys over maemo that toked theyr time to make a good guide.

Please anyone that succeeded with the operation post your results and impression here. 

With respect Me! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
moises_andrade

Re: N9 lag and slow after 1.2 update FIX!

You, sir, are my personal hero. I was about to quit N9 - the lag and sluggishness after the update was becoming unbereable. Without any hope, I stumbled with your post, then I thought "well, why not?". Flashed my N9 and... Voilà!! Fast and responsible again. It's almost like a new phone.

So, for everyone reading this: it worked! it f*king worked!!!!!

The instructions in the link provided are fairly easy to follow, and fairly secure, if you use the Nokia's official firmware. When the 1.3 update arrives, I think I will just flash my phone again, no OTA update. 

So, again: thank you VERY MUCH! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

Hi NuRo,

I don't want to talk anyone out of anything but I do experience this "lagging" also at least for the first 30-45 min after the machine is started. After that it is fine. As the N9 lacks sensible feedback on what it is doing at the time.  I found one app, RscMonitor, that does this but itself is a resource hog that drains the battery. Alternatively there would be top int he terminal. Unfortunately with the swiss version it is not possible to switch on Developer mode.

For all others I would let the N9 settle in for an hour or so before judging that is it is lagging.

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

oh, and by the a downgrade from PR1.2 to PR1.1 is not allowed by the flasher
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NuRo

Re: N9 lag and slow **bleep** 1.2 update FIX!

mine is still lag-ish too,but i do see an improvement **bleep** first time,it's sort of more usable,generally i experience lag during notifications,aswell noticed the more apps open and the more you use it becomes more lagfree,it's a weird thing,my bet would me Cpu scaling problems.
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

OK, I have to take this back. On bright days the N9 PR1.2 works all honky dory on dark days not.

Last week tuesday one click on the browser app.....wait.....nothing happens, another click.......wait 10 sec. (yes I counted them)...browser opens. Camera same story.This was after having the phone on for a couple of days. At the moment it is in under 1 sec! That is

I can live with a delay. what is annoying is that sometimes there is none sometimes there is no repsonse and sometimes 5-10 seconds. If it takes 10 seconds to startup I rather have it not start at all, cause I will click the icon again (which might have been replaced by something else in the meantime. One of the big mistakes in GUI design is allowing click events to be queued indefinatly. After 10secs click events should be removed from the queue.

Again, some indication that the N9 received my command and is executing it would be really helpful. It now is unclear if something is happening or not.

Also an indication that the cpu is being used by something is dearly missing.

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Try restore your factory settings. If it doesn't work, you may have to wait until the PR 1.3 update (hopefully). It says that the PR 1.3 update is small update but "valuable". So, I suppose that the bugs in Nokia N9 is fixed and the processor speed is increased to 1.2 Ghz.

Otherwise, it's a great phone. :smileyhappy:

If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

thanks, JackMerson. I've done a factory reset (you mean Clear device?) more than once now but couldn't observe a difference.
Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

No, it's the 'Restore Settings' option. Try it and tell me how is it. :smileyhappy:
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NuRo

Guys,fount this one,i haven't tested yet,i will now..so give it a try at your own risk.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83940
Please use plain text.