Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 positioning problem after PR1.2 upgrade

SCMHa
Accepted Solution

N9 positioning problem after PR1.2 upgrade

Hi all,

I bought my N9 about 1 week ago which was on PR1.1.  I am able to the Map to locate myself and check-in using Touch version of Facebook.  However, I am unable to get position after I upgraded my N9 with PR1.2.  All other things worked fine.  I have set positioning using AGPS, WLAN etc., but unable to get position.  I also tried resetting the phone but positioning still not work.  The icon just blinking.  Is there any solution to this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

hmm.  strange.

if you have already tried to give it time to connect, because usually the first time takes the longest, then you can try to change the GPS providor.

the standard gps provider is supl.nokia.com, but i have changed it to supl.google.com as it seems more accurate and syncs faster, i have been doing this with my last few devices.

it is quite easy on the n9 to do so, and you will not hurt your device.

if it doesnt work, then i would suggest to "clean" your device and reinstall the os.  so this is an easy 1st option.

you will have to enable developer mode on your device

go to:  settings/applications/installations/allow installations for non-store sources

then

settings/security/develper mode/enable

it will require you to download and install, allow it to.

after it is done your device will reboot.

then, go to HERE and download and install N9 Qtweak from www.talk.maemo.org and install it on your device.

when done, click on the new N9/QT icon to open it.

type in the password:  rootme

it will then pull up a long menu of options.  do not mess with any of these, just choose option that is named "Change GPS provider (Nokia/Google)"  i believe it is option G

then you will be given some options.

type:

2 (for supl.googl.com)

and then enter

then type:

r to reboot

and then enter

your device will reboot now and your GPS provider will have been changed.  open your maps and give it a few minutes to try and connect.  if this doesnt work, you may need to reformat your device and reinstall the rootfs.

HTH>

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
SCMHa

Thank you very much for your answer!

I am simply not patient enough to let the phone to get my position! I am now able to get my position outdoor. However, I still unable to get position indoor, which my N8 can do.

May I know whether your method could solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

the supl.google.com is imo, faster and more accurate for syncing.

it is up toyou.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
SCMHa

Thank you again for your answer!

Please use plain text.