Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N9 problem - sms ends up in wrong conversations

Counsellor

Re: N9 problem - sms ends up in wrong conversations

ausadl wrote:
Wrong Contacts seemto be fixed in pr1.3. Also, check your address book for duplicates ...

How shall I find the duplicates under contacts?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
2simple

I have to say thank you to all the nokia users that have helped to try and fix the issue at hand.

Without them, what would we have?? 

My problem as we speak has settled due to myself deleting the 'SMS' Cenversations... 
BUT! Why should it come down to the user trying to fix their own bloody problems!? 

Is'nt the nokia discussion blog and support team their for a reason?
But not one Nokia support staff has bothered to comment on this issue.

LOL Nokia.... FAIL!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jerppa

N9 problem - sms ends up in wrong conversations

An SMS comes in and shows as a wrong sender. When I get a message the right person comes on the front page, but when I open it and go to messages, the message seems to be from a whole different person(even it is from the right person). I have tried to delete all messages, rebooted, but the problem continues... And there is no dublicate contacts.
I wonder if it is related to the PC suite/Ovi suite/Nokia links -services? Or is it just a bug in the N9 software?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Julf_Helsingius

Never used PC suite or any other windows app, still have the same problem. Reflashing sorted out existing messages, but new incoming messages still end up in wrong conversation.

Please use plain text.
VEBUL

I have a N9 (64GB) with MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan, PR 1.3 (40.2012.21-3.333.1_PR_333)...whatever it means.

It was all OK until suddenly messages are getting haywire. I cannot remember from when but I think after I loaded few applications from NOKIA Store itself, it all started. Hence I am slowly taking them out one by one.

I am using this phone from 23/11/2011 and never gave any problem except for this issue. I use it extensively and was initially bit disappointed with its battery but had to accept it.

Right now it is freaking me out as my messages are getting wrong threads. I tried.. deleting all messages...resetting the phone.... ensuring all contacts have FIRST NAME and LAST NAME filled up......but did not work.

Anyone can help?

Hello NOKIA, are you listening?

Please use plain text.
ALIVEIndustries

No, Nokia are not listening. I've called, emailed, done everything I could think of, but no one will address this serious problem. From what I've heard, Nokia have fired all but two people working on the Harmattan team. I'd be surprised if those two even remained at this point. If they did, I can't imagine what problem could possibly need addressing worse than this one. This issue makes the phone nearly unusable. What a shame. It is clearly an indexing problem with the OS. Hopefully, some intelligent, non-Nokia employee will solve it so the rest of us can get on with our lives and our text conversations. Few things are worse than sending a text message to your boss that was intended for your girlfriend. Thanks Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

They do not support this device any further.

even if you try to get help at this point, the reality is that you know more about the device that you are holding whereas all those employees know nothing and most likely have not ever even held one.

your best bet is going to be talk.meamo.org

:smileyhappy:
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

If it happens that your call log is messed up, or things like

You receive a message
you can see it in the lock screen
You swipe.
empty chat window
You receive the same sms again,
swipe and there is nothing there.
And again the same situation. Suddenly the message apears, the only solution is to reset the tracker db. on N9.

type in terminal: tracker-control -r   this resets the tracker on N9.

BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE RUN TRACKER RESET!  all your contacts and messages get deleted!

If you need help with your N9 look at http://talk.maemo.org/index.php

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
ALIVEIndustries

the only solution is to reset the tracker db. on N9.

type in terminal: tracker-control -r   this resets the tracker on N9.

BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE RUN TRACKER RESET!  all your contacts and messages get deleted!

If you need help with your N9 look at http://talk.maemo.org/index.php

You, sir, are a genius.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alexey_nsk

Long sought solution. Not found. Restart the tracker helps.
tracker-control -r
SMS and contacts will be lost!
Please use plain text.