Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N9 runs hot after update

Professor
theking2
Accepted Solution

N9 runs hot after update

After the update the N9 runs hot uses 121 mA in idle. How can I find out what causes the energy uses?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: N9 runs hot after update

@theking2

You have probably seen this thread already where I suggested re-installing device software as something is obviously not right with your existing installation:/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/Issue-with-the-Battery-on-my-N9-after-1-2-update/m-p/1374801/highlight/t...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

Okty, that thread didn't really present a solution does it? anyhow sometimes it happens sometimes not after a reset that is.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@theking2

Don't quite know how many separate issues you are going to post concerning this N9 which would seem to need resetting and re-installing the firmware in case there is something more serious wrong with it!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Agree with Aspergerguy.....looking at various issues your N9 currently facing it is highly recommended that you should first do complete wipe off your N9(settings....Reset...clear device) and then do software re-install
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

ok. So i understand that the concensus is not to upgrade the firmware ota. Where can i find the nokia,suggested way of updating the firmware? Ckearly wiping it results in the less desirable situation of removing all infirmation.
Please use plain text.
Sage
dumpystig

Judging by all your recent threads/posts regarding various problems with your N9 I would say either your particular phone is a massive dud or you're pretty clueless as to how to work the thing.

Instead of simply starting threads you may find it a good idea to RTFM and use google; I'm sure you will find answers to a lot of your queries.

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

The problem seems to have solved itself. 

Thanks for all the pointers and support! 

Please use plain text.