Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 suggestions for future update

Counsellor
GodXen

N9 suggestions for future update

1. enable all hardware is in n9 like fm radio, transmiter, video call. and all other iI dont know.

2. fix buges with gps, email and mms, swype(if iI choose suggested word, it wrotes two words first i swiped and second i choose.),  browser (enable to download all type of files), make able to seperare contacts from different accaunts.

3. add more shortcuts like 8icons, or icons from all swypes not only from down to up, add landscape for whole ui( and make able to edit it without third party programs).

thats all from me right now.

Nokia Please Help N9 live!
Please Fix:
Browser Downloads
Video Call
Voice Deal
Fm Radio
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Video call

voice dialing

say callers name.

and all the other things as advertised

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GodXen

Didnt even noticed that theres no "say callers name" lol

And also i would like to have Video as ringtone ability.

Please Fix:
Browser Downloads
Video Call
Voice Deal
Fm Radio
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alltracboy

Alarm should be had bigger buttons for sleeping and cancel alarm. Hitting small buttons close together should be a little difficult early morning.

PS: I hate alarm on my N95 with small buttons and flashing light.. It is really enjoy to hit some small buttons on flashing screen.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GodXen

1. Enable 100% volume by default.

2. Enable zoom in video recording / pause resume button while recording.

PS: keep this post up. maybe this will do something with our suggests :smileywink:

Please Fix:
Browser Downloads
Video Call
Voice Deal
Fm Radio
Please use plain text.
Contributor
usefulmody

1- the Sent Photos and videos cand be editable on computer..

2- create folders

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaripi

for usefulmody ...

1. Of course, all photos and videos are editable by computer (even if you keep them only in your cell phone, without moving them to computer) ... I make 98 % editing and converting by computer, not by cell phone ... and if you are using Windows computer, you can find easily good FREE programs to do that ... have you some special need ?

2. Install this one to have folders: http://my-meego.com/software/applications.php?name=Folders&fldAuto=737&faq=13  ... or wait until PR 1.2 update ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dinopeh

PLEASE GIVE US A SMART PHONE THAT IS REALLY SMART!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
HenryDavidTh

give us a synchronization software that really works.

Read http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-3-2-beta/suggestion/42076/n9-support

here is how they respond to our requests now.

"there's no such plan. Nokia Link is targeted for Nokia N9 users. As you've seen from comments by Pia, for Nokia N9 decision was to use new, lightweight desktop sideloading product."

and how we thought,

"With the very limited functionality (lightweight?) of Nokia Link it is completely against that what customers want. We bought a high quality device which works quite well OTA but which is almost worthless when a company does not allow synchronizing an Exchange server due to security concerns.

I think Nokia does everything to prevent the N9 to become a very successful phone which sells better than all the announced and published WP **bleep**. This decision which was taken by someone to provide Nokia Link as the only connectivity software for the N9 is absolutely not customer oriented. Nokia was known to produce high quality innovative phones. Unfortunately this time is over."

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GodXen

[ Edited ]
<body><p><body><p>More suggests from me:<p>1. Make widget system in " wallpaper " I think that's would be amazing. Imagine double tap (unlock) and u see some useful stuff.<p>2. Theme manager ( I saw already a third party app.) - support from Nokia would be great.
Please Fix:
Browser Downloads
Video Call
Voice Deal
Fm Radio
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

My suggestions:
1. Web browser must be updated with features like ability to remember username/passwords,fast switching of tabs with inbuilt ui and also clearing user data(cache,cookies, user/passwords) and options to enable/disable images/java script etc in web browser it self,ability to download any file format with resume support
2. Universal search box embedded in pull down status menu bar.....it should have option like "search on internet"
3. Equalizer and free music downloads in music player.....no need to include ovi music app in firmware.....after all it's a $600 phone! even nokia asha 303 has unlimited music downloads for all...!!!
4.Nokia suite support on pc also with ability to use N9 as internet modem on pc
5. Enable FM radio,video calls
6. Bring new codecs support for video player and also enhanced H.264 processing so that it can play downloaded 720p youtube videos and other 720p MKV/MP$ videos encoded in High@L3.1 and High@L4 profiles

"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maddogeco

Share photos over twitter. this is a must have. i have seen some people have been able to hack it in but it should be a in the standard build.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GodXen

some nice suggests here. I hope nokia will hear us!
Please Fix:
Browser Downloads
Video Call
Voice Deal
Fm Radio
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GodXen

and i also want be able to send/receive files on Skype..
Please Fix:
Browser Downloads
Video Call
Voice Deal
Fm Radio
Please use plain text.
Cmitono

I hope Nokia can fix the bug in the POP3 IMAP connection.

Honestly, though: does anyone at Nokia care about it?

Instead of connecting people it would be enough if it just connected to server...

Please use plain text.
soltrak

Is it possible to download data from USB memory stick - N9 suggestions for future update

Is it possible to download data from USB memory stick using micro USB to USB adapter (reduction) like by N8???

What about OpenOffice application for N9?

Why the fonts in the web browser favorite links list are so big?

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

Hear, hear! I've missed many a meeting after pressing the wrong button
Please use plain text.
Advisor
itsfluidic

1. Iphone4S and N9 have 8MP cameras but Iphone4S takes much better pics than N9.

2. Charging the battery takes too long with 2.5 to 3 hours of waiting time.

Can a PR update solve the 2 shortcomings above?

Please use plain text.
michou

Would like to see improvements added to Nokia Drive:

1. Speed Cameras - currently there is no warning or even visual indication for speed cameras.

2. Easy access to Favourites within Nokia Drive app - currently you can only access it via Nokia Maps app, and it only shows you from your Favourites your Places (Routes are not shown).

3. An option to choose between Fastest / Shortest / Optimized route.

4. A way to set a Via point.  So basically to allow more than just 2 points (Start point and Destination point), but 3 or more points on your journey.

5. Save a route - currently you can't save a route.

6. Live Traffic updates

On a side note, would like Nokia Link to sync over Wi-fi.

Please use plain text.
BoDuke

I´m really missing some of the good stuff from S60 E-Series devices

1. Outlook-sync via USB-cable!!!!!

2. the possibility of deleting emails from the mobile phone and the server at once

3. more options in the calendar: - meeting

- notes

- birthdays

- tasks

Please use plain text.