Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 suggestions for future update

Advisor
johanum

customs ringtons
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bmate

Personally, I'd really like to see Yahoo Messenger integration. While Facebook is great and all, it's not my primary choice.

Apart from that I have no complaints. Nokia <3

Please use plain text.
urquiza

just two things to add/mod:
-- voice dialing
-- the slowdown when is charging.
Please use plain text.
skunkfunk

"Allow background connection" should be seperate for both wifi and mobile network. When I turn on one of them the other one is turned off too. This should be fixed. And the infamous gps. When background connection isn't turned on ,foursquare,maps and drive doesn't work at all. The device can't find my location using only gps. and sometimes the feeds screen which supports facebook feeds doesn't refresh when I click it manually when "allow background connection" is turned off.

Please use plain text.
shinobishaw

[ Edited ]

video calling on skype

That's about it.

thanks

Please use plain text.
grimdance

1.Video Calling 

2.Browser with tab page support and some kind of fast switching.

3.A better synchronize with google account, with full support of calendar, tasks, contacts, etc.

4.Some icon-based notification for message, email and facebook would be great.

5.Maybe some more deeper integration with social network like facebook and twitter.

6.The whole Swipe-to-change-the-input-method thing isn't that convenience to use.

And if N9 is really going to be the only Meego phone, I'm pretty sure there r some more tweak can do to improve the performance. Just changed my phone from HD7 to N9, love the interface but is obviously not as smooth as WP7, hope PR 1.2 would be better.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Camperman

I've only had my N9 for a day now, but I would like to be able to copy complete appointments in the calendar application and the use of one of the hardware buttons as a camera button. It's far easier to take a good photo using a button on the side of the phone, than having to stop, look, press the screen - especially if you wear reading glasses.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
macoymiks

To have a HANDWRITING OPTION for writing all your messages, notes, etc.  in additon to the key board and swype.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawood85

we need to send our location throw MMS in .lmx format like other nokia phones, and to edit our landmarks and to add manually.

nokia maps is freezing all the time
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

1. FM transmitter. Really miss this. So many times people were really impressed by the inclusion of this feature, felt very "expensive" and high tech.

2. Be able to send SMS to emails. Currently it says "invalid phone number"

3. Alien Dalvik PLEASE!

4. MS office document editor

5. When being sent multiple files from another phone, it would be nice to have an "receive all" instead of having to hit Yes to receive each file.

Please use plain text.
droppedby

<body><p>1. shortcut from top of screen to new mail, text, received file, unread content<p>2. when on headphones or car kit, making alerts go through the hedphone and not through the speakers<p>3. copy and paste content from web browser (for instance in this form, i cannot select text at all as i am using n9's browser)<p>4. video cutter/editor<p>5. left and right arrow keys in virtual keyboard<p>6. copy and paste from fenix mail using any mail client<p>7. equalizer in music<p>8. load srt or subs to videos<p>9. ability to invoke the front cam; not just during video calls<p>10. edit docs<p>11. voice recorder<p>12. enable the led flash during video capture<p>13. in telephone mode, search contacts via keywords entered<p>14. add 4 more apps in the quick launch<p><br><p>most of these ideas i got fron my old n8 phone. i switched to n9 and so far happy with it but am hoping to see these improvements.
Please use plain text.
droppedby

<body><p>15. more accurate map (i was 3km away from my real position)<p>16. music player which can show lyrics<p>17. timer in camera<p><br>
Please use plain text.
droppedby

<body><p>finally adding,<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: normal;">speech to text
Please use plain text.
Hexley

[ Edited ]
<body><p>1. Contacts birthdays to show up in calendar.<p>2. Calendar events to show on home screen (with pre notice).
Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Regarding 2.:

Check "Calendar Feed" in Nokia store:

http://store.ovi.com/content/221735

Or "Kalender Feed" for German users:

http://store.ovi.com/content/224356

/winny

Please use plain text.
slgalvin

1. Vlingo integration for various voice control and reading features, even if they make it a paid addition on the store like for other nokia phones.

2. In the music player there is already a feature where swiping the album art to the side skips songs, swiping up and down should skip to the artists other albums.

3. Also in the music player their is already a feature to set song as rington but additional options to set song as contact ringtone and the ability to select multiple contacts at the same time would be great as trying to sort through a massive music collection to set the song as a ringtone for a contact in the contacts app is plain cumbersome and frustrating.

4. chromeless web browsing, the browser on android phones has the task bar at the top disappear when scroll down webpages and then reappear when scrolled back to the top of the page, can't the n9 browser do so. Or to match the theme of the phone the task bar minimize to a few pixels thick at the top and have it auto hide and reappear when tapped.

5. flash player in the browser.

6. built in swype manager and calender event feeds instead of having to download an app off the store.

7. FM Radio and transmitter if possible.

8. Video calling.

9. better store integration that actually notifies of installed aps updates.

10. release pc software to reflash/update the n9 so i don't have to send it to nokia care when the next pr update somehow manages to screw up my phone like last time.

11. option to change the colour of the clock on the lock screen to reduce light output without me having to hack the phone. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
et3rnal

Please use plain text.
slgalvin

12. evernote integration, it's great that dropbox is being added in pr1.2 so lets get evernote too.

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

The N9 is my 'perfect' phone, but the main thing I'm missing is a Vlingo like app. When I had my E7 and I was walking quickly somewhere, I could just press the widget, say "Text Stephen Elop, Message, Please don't post a photo of you in speedos" Then it would wait a few seconds, I could quickly glance to check the words were correct then just hit Send. It was a very useful app.

Now with my N9, I'm WAY too scared to drop it while texting and walking, so I either walk really slowly or just stop. I feel that because there are apps that do allow some voice-to-text (like Quick Voice keyboard, or something like that), a really good voice app like Vlingo should be possible, if only they'd port it over.

Apart from that, I'd like charging to be quicker, and I'd like the option to have more ringtone profiles.

PR1.2 should bring some real goodies  :smileyhappy:

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.