Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N9 sync contacts and calendar

Advisor
joff77

N9 sync contacts and calendar

hi,

asI unterstand there is no way to sync outlook with the n9 at the moment (why?). could you please add then somewhere a tutorial how to get/sync contacts/calender from the ms outlook to the n9 (if possible not using online services from google or microsoft)? could not find anything on the web about this issue!?

thanks

cheers

joff

Advisor
joff77

Re: N9 sync contacts and calendar

calendar: okay, for the moment I solved it via google calendar

pc: ms outlook -> google calendar sync for winXP, vista, win7 -> google account

nokia n9: add account -> mail for exchange -> m.google.com and your user data

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if someone has a easy solution for contacts not using google apps sync please tell me. or another solution not using a datacloud to sinc between pc and n9. thank you!

Counsellor
mingu

No! MfE is advancing my fullday event by 1 day! Do have the same problem?

And I can't figure out how to sync google caldedar using caldav.

And syncml is missing from Nokia N9.

Basically I can't sync to my workplace calendar!

Counsellor
kev187

So can we use the mail for exchange to sync our google contacts also?
Advisor
joff77

kev187 wrote:
So can we use the mail for exchange to sync our google contacts also?

@kev187: I didn't try this because I don't have a Gmail account, but that might work as well.

@mingu: you don't need caldav to sync with google calendar, try mail for exchange!

Counsellor
mingu

mail for exchange is not synchronizing full day event correctly with google. all my full day event are advanced by one day on the phone :smileysad:

anyone tried caldav?
Counsellor
mingu

I found out how to use caldav to sync to google. It is so simple. Don't follow setup for iPhone or Sunbird provided by Google.

Accounts > Add accounts >CalDAV

Key in

Username: user@gmail.com

Password : your_password

Server : www.google.com

Sage
wdexplorer

Advisor
crisscross

Psst, Nokia PC-Suite works!

Advisor
crisscross

Sorry, a little bit to quick there, syncing does not work :smileysad:

Counsellor
kev187

I should have my N9 in a week.

Before I was using the bluetooth plug in with iSync on the N900 (a hack a community member wrote, that I hope there is a follow up on the N9)

But anyway, I was using microsoft exchange on my N900 to Sync my contacts with my Gmail.

Sort of complex but not for us Mac Users.

You can keep your Mac Address book synced with your Gmail contacts in the preferences so they always stay the same.  And then you use the exchange mail on your phone to keep synced with your gmail and whatever you changed on your mac... changes in your gmail and then... changes on your phone in real time.

At least.. this is how it work on my N900 from what I recall :smileysurprised:)

Ill have more details in a week or so when the phoen comes in

Counsellor
kev187

N900 Exchange support

Here is the link to the N900 exchange setup I used to use before getting the isync to work. 

oldy

Joff I was able to sync my outlook calendar and contacts quite well through Nokia Ovi Suite.
Advisor
pepepez

I tried it several times, and it simply doesn't work!

Nor can I get the calendar information stored in my google account nor do I get the local (on my N9) calendar entries to google.

Colog

Hello everyone.

The thing is: Nokia Suite and Ovi Suite DO work with Nokia N9. but Nokia removed that functionality and did not give us, customers, anything else to replace it!!! (Microsoft's lobby... Who knows?)

What I know is that ALL Nokia's customers which have bought an N9 are complaining about this matter and until now there is no solution from Nokia.

Personally I do not think this is a very smart thing to do, even because the N9 is a top phone for many reasons and it shouldn't be treated like nothing (as well as the opinions of the people who bought it).

I'm just being very sincere here and I do hope that someone from Nokia answers to this post with something like "now link (or any other software) synchronizes with Outlook!" very soon.

Best regards to all!

Contributor
ChopzN95

[ Edited ]
Hmm agreed....

Nokia Suite worked initially, then "update" and feature removed, now says "N9 is too old" ????

Still battling with CalDav and Gmail but is all i want is calendar sync. Obviously nokia dont want customers using all N9 features because clearly they have disabled this facility almost immediately after the phone was released. I might be wrong but I would have thought that was a trade practices violation to sell hardware with advertised services, then disable them as soon as device is released !?

any lawyers on board here?
Advisor
joff77

nokia don't care! and that's sad!

Registered Member
MSRCrash

This is frustrating.

A phone that won't sync contacts and calenders is a pretty major blunder...

I'm not a tech-head. I don't want to set up more email accounts and have multiple interlinks.

I simply want to plug my phone in , hit sync and jobs done.

I'm now working with my comms provider to exchange the N9 for a phone that meets basic business requirements..

Solution is simple....ditch the N9 and get another phone.

Sage
Suyogmh

N9 has been crippled by Nokia. Removing existing features ,support seems so wrong.
By the way Outlook to Google Calendar on PC doesnt sync Tasks/To-dos , hence that route is also incomplete.
Best Regards,
Suyog
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

In case you are syncing with an Exchange server could you verify the setting for the Allow Non-provisionable Devices parameter and the SyncWhenRoaming policy on the server. And if possible toggle these to see if this would allow a sync to take place.

This topic has been forwarded to the development team for further investigation.

Let us know how you get on,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!