Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 won't get Updates VIA WLAN

Contributor
gido_g

N9 won't get Updates VIA WLAN

Dear fellas,
My N9 PR1.2 (30.2012.07-1_PR_001) won't connect to the Nokia-Servers VIA WLAN, only via cellular connection. :smileymad:
This happened with the PR1.2-update, when activating dev-mode and when updating preinstalled apps (Real Golf, AP Mobile und Accu-weather).
When trying via WLAN the download just won't start or gets stuck immediately with no error message. All other internet-services work fine via WLAN. That's why I'm assuming it's a problem with the Nokia-download-servers.
I successfully installed 15-20 apps from Ovistore via WLAN with no issues.

Of course I want traffic-intense Updates via WLAN and not via cellular. Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Any firewalls on the router/modem that could potentially be selectively blocking?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gido_g

Thanks for your answer.

Any firewalls on the router/modem that could potentially be selectively blocking?

I don't think so.

It's a real simple router at factory-settings, port-forwarding is not set.

But I could set a rule for that, if I knew the IP adress(es) and ports of the update-servers.

Can anybody give that info?

Is there a way to look into the WLAN-traffic from the N9 (with a dev-tool probably)?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I would suggest trying another wifi, perhaps at work, friends or McDonalds and see. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gido_g

Tried different other WIFI's and it worked on one, but didn't on another.

I'm getting timeouts when trying apt-get in the terminal.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

If it worked on one wifi, then the problem is not with the phone. It could be due to firewall settings or slow internet connection on the router/modem causing timeouts. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gido_g

cjlim wrote:

...firewall settings or slow internet connection on the router/modem causing timeouts...

cjlim, thank you so much for your answers.

But it's no slow internet connection on the router/modem at all. It is fast enough for anything else to work absolutely flawless on the phone and on the PC.

Both router and N9 show show each other with a perfect signal.

And there is no firewall on the router/mode.

Only way I could think of to check this, is to set a manual rule for port-forwarding.

I just don't have the required info.

Customer care is working on it, they say.

I also started a thread @ maemo.org, but the comments don't help much for a non-dev like me. Just ignore that libpango1.0-0 stuff, that's solved.

Badly enough, my devtools-networking is notworking:smileywink: anymore, since the update to PR1.2. Trying apt-get says it's already installed...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

There is a simpler way to check. Does it work if you disable all encryption and security on your router? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gido_g

IP-Filtering is deaktivated.
Disabling encryption did not help for the RealGolf2011-update.
Please use plain text.