Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N900 Application manager - Operation failed ms...

Registered Member
sandeepk5

N900 Application manager - Operation failed msg.

I have new N900. whenever I used to open the Application manager and was looking for updates, it was starting to check but after some time i was getting msg that there is some problem in some catalogue. But now a days whenever I open application manager it immediately gives the message "Operation Failed". But the window remains open. Even download from OVI was also not allowed before and after this message started coming.

Pls. help.

Please use plain text.
lmqfcp

Re: N900 Application manager - Operation failed msg.

same probleme here. i sent my device to repair and they said that wasnt a software probleme, it was without a doubt  an internet adresse or nokia repositorys probleme. so i called nokia hotline and after 5 calls they came to the conclusion that either was my wlan modem probleme or software probleme. probleme with modem is not because i tried in several diferent places and the probleme continous, so now the only alternative that i have is return it to the assistance to repair. please can anyone help? i have made the software update but its still the same.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
budichen

i am facing the same problem. It is definitely not Wlan problem. This is a bug in nokia phone i think.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

[ Edited ]

try to uninstall the latest apps you added. the only time i get this message is when an app failed to install properly from the devel catalogue. if you havent touched the devel catalog, then i dont really know.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

Try visiting maemo.org from your phone's browser and installing an app from there. If there is something wrong with your repositories app manager will ask to add a new repository or replace the existing ones.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
scorpion0007

First try to disable all the catalog,and then enable it one by one ..

Please use plain text.
SMITRAVAL

Sorry But Disabling the catalouges..& agian enabling them doesnt resolves it...Its too much now for this issue...Please hlep..

Please use plain text.
Professor
virajxx3006

[ Edited ]

SMITRAVAL wrote :

Sorry But Disabling the catalouges..& agian enabling them doesnt resolves it...Its too much now for this issue...Please hlep..

The simple answer is re-enable catalogues. If it didnt worked, see this link.. 

/t5/Maemo-Devices/Repository-not-working/td-p/873557

***Also remove your catalogues and re install them!(I mentioned that in the above link)

http://my-maemo.com/download/repos/extras.install

http://my-maemo.com/download/repos/extras-testing.install

http://my-maemo.com/download/repos/extras-devel.install

For nokia official reps, Click here

"You may loose faith on us.. But never in your selves! From here, the fight will be your own.."

_____________[Protect Transformers]_____________
Please use plain text.
SMITRAVAL

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir, This link is incomplete ...   /t5/Maemo-Devices/Repository-not-working/td-p/873557.

Please provide full one

Please use plain text.
Professor
virajxx3006

Click here.

Even there the answer is re-enable catalogues..But just read it. But i dont think it will help..

"You may loose faith on us.. But never in your selves! From here, the fight will be your own.."

Please use plain text.
Professor
virajxx3006

Theres a solution for this prob. Ive got this and solved it. If you still have this prob, see this link..

/t5/Maemo-Devices/E-Invalid-record-in-the-preferences-file-no-Package-header-Help/td-p/891787

Please use plain text.
amitjain468

dear sir 

i had nokia n900 i am using handset from last one year

but from some days application manager is not working 

it shows the message  opreation failed 

please help in this matter 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

amitjain468 wrote:

I had nokia n900 i am using handset from last one year but from some days application manager is not working 

it shows the message  opreation failed 

It's all down to server relocation as Nokia no longer hosts:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88659

Solution to be found here:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88707

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
amitjain468

dear nokia team

did nokia has take his hand back from maemo org

if yes from were we will get the support of software and applications  

i am the customer of nokia from last 7 years  

so i am looking for nokia for this matter

please suggest the the idea to covert maemo os to windows 

waiting for reply

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Nokia has long since abandoned support for Maemo devices and it is already in the hands of the community:http://talk.maemo.org/. What has changed is that Nokia are no longer prepared to host these resources at cost to themselves which have consequently had to migrate!

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
PRASADMP

I  have nokia n900.whenever i open the application manager displaying a msg "operation failed" so i can't dowload & use any applications ,what can i do ?pls help me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Is this N900 new to you or been working satisfactorily and now eliciting this issue? Are you using standard software or CSSU?

Have you tried this command in X-Terminal?

pkill hildon-application-manager

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.