Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N900 Can't find maps on your device

Professor
theking2

N900 Can't find maps on your device

Ovi Maps (3.1.1.80) refuse to find maps on my N900. But they are really there! In the maps application on N900.

How can I download maps to my N900?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

it seemed to work fine downloading maps to my device with the OVI Suite.

give it a try.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@theking2

Ironically can still use Nokia Maploader for Mac with N900, I shall try to get hold of laptop with OVI Suite v3.1.1.80 to check this out. Are you sure that it is set to look for map data on E:\ Mass memory not phone memory?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

no, I am not sure were maps are stored. there's a cities folder on "Nokia N900/"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

once you open your ivo maps and let it run like i described...it will create the folders needed.

then connect to ovi suite in pc suite mode and it will automatically connect and seek what is necessary.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

theking2 wrote:

Ovi Maps (3.1.1.80) refuse to find maps on my N900. But they are really there! In the maps application on N900.

Can confirm no issues with Maploader for Mac but OVI suite says "No Maps" upon device:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.

I got this fixed by renaming the cities folder, letting Ovi Maps recreate it, and then removing and re-adding the N900 as device to Ovi Suite. Its allowing download of voice guidance files now as well which is curious. Thats still not supported, right?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

jn64 wrote:

It's allowing download of voice guidance files now as well which is curious. That's still not supported, right?

That is correct for N900 but seems will be a feature upon N9:http://blog.ovi.com/2011/08/05/friday-video-nokia-n9-ad-for-nokia-maps/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bonne1

Having the exact same problem - tried all solutions in here without any luck )-:

Is N900 Ovi Maps supported to work with the latest maps?

Regards, Lars.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@bonne1

Welcome to the forum!

As you have realised there seems to be no way of accessing this information, whether it is equivalent to that in 00.01.26.113 map series I am not sure as currently can't be bothered all existing map data on N900 to start again:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.