Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N900 Internal Memory Corrupted

Advisor
angelo0015

No it did not work.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

if you know how to write scripts, you could probably write one to do it properly every time. i don't know enough about it tho
if you have the button from the widget set to work when pressed. test it and make sure it does as told i.e. when its saying memory corrupted, press the widget then check to see if it works.
that command is just a modified version of some apt-get and kernel-config commands i use but it should still work.

if its doing this straight after a fresh flash all i can think is that its either bad downloads so you might want to re download them
or have you ever tried to partition the emmc or even flashed back to old firmware in the past

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Advisor
angelo0015

[ Edited ]

or have you ever tried to partition the emmc or even flashed back to old firmware in the past?

Answer: NO

Thanks matthew_maude for all your help. I am returning it and will get a new one. Thanks for everything.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
knuthf

I have encountered a new variant: The Sql Light database log "eats" up the 2GB of available storage. It is very easy: Try to install on a empty N900 4000 contacts, with 9000 telephone numbers and email addresses to all, and after 3500 the "sync" stalls.

Symptom is that in "df -h" you will find 100% used, not a bit available.

I have flashed os, and now reinstalled emmc and finally, flushed the log.

I wonder: Somewhere you describe "mv /etc" - something + reboot would this delete the logs?

I will try to "sync" in batches - by splitting the Contacts in Thunderbird into multiple "Address Books" and load fewer.

I am no rookie in Unix (maybe Linux) and using a database to hold the contacts is an excellent opening to make new applications, but they should flush the logs on every "commit()" - and not try to load or sync the entire database in one shot..

Don't change anything that works.
Please use plain text.
SMAr2wo

have the same problems. Mass memory of N900 corrupted. I thing reflashing is the only solution.

But i don't understand (again...@ nokia) another thing: how in the h3ll was someone payed from Nokia team to concept the soft without "format memory" ???? I whised to had a job to make fullish things and get payed... even old nokia phone have this options! Dissapointed again about nokia...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ktproud

i need your help too...
after installing cssu all in my N900 cssu work good but
when i go to file manager their is nothing shown except
no files / folders
and now my N900 not connecting with PC as mass-storage
please help me

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ktproud

N900 Internal Memory Corrupted

After downloading SSU , I have a problem with my N900 internal memory,

when I go to File manager their is only come " no files / folders"

when I go to settings and than memory only 1.31 GB available show...

I need your help what shall I do to fix it...

Do I flash my mobile N900

* I am also using android in N900 working normal and I can access also my 32GB memory 

through android *

Plz advice ....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
knuthf

No, download the application "TestDisk" and try to recover the MMC.

The MMC should be formatted at "ext3" file system - with journal and everything - not Windows FAT or Symbian, but full journalled file system like hfs+ of MacOS. You will then need a Laptop with e.g. Ubuntu Linux to read the card when inserting this on your laptop.  

If the MyDocs / /media/mmc1 - that fails, you have to recover using the boot menu - to receover, the files must be unmounted. Your loose your Memory Card (up to 32GB), can be fixed while the rest of the phone is running. Search the net for "chkdsk" and "ext3" (chkdsk.ext3). 

The "ext3" file system is an excellent choice. It is robust, fast and reliable file system. TestDisk will show that the "rootfs: is FAT - same as Windows.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ktproud

N900 Internal Memory Corrupted

I appreciate your Help, Thanks A lot….

But I need more help to understand this process

Better If Step by Step...

I can't access to N900 thought my laptop

* Mass storage mode not working on my laptop, having OS Windows 7*

I don’t have Mac OS in my laptop, so there is no way to fix with Windows 7

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
knuthf

First, remove the umbilica chord to the Windows PC. The N900 is no periferal to Windows, in most aspect is exceeds the MS operating systems in most ways. Then get to work.

The TestDisk contains som helpful scripts for verifying the memory and reconstruct should there be inconsistencies. Note that the eMMC runs a file system "ext3" and not NTFS or FAT. This will log all changes as they are made, and should the eMMC fail - e.g. power be lost, it should reprocess the file system to a consistent state when you power up.

You can use your PC now to search for fschk and ext3, because if you do not have any memory, you have to use the LINUX commands - Windows gets you confused - you cannot do this on Windows. To obtain access to Maemo Linux, use the x/Terminal that is provided.

If you have flashed and installed a version of Maemo that has the bootmenu, use this to verify - compare this to Windows "Safe" mode. Then some commands require "root" privileges - for a reason. Use the "sudo" command to elevate yourself to system administrator or "root".  

Fschk will run through and check, rebuild, resolve inconsistencies. Use first "df" to see what is "mounted" and look for a line like:

/dev/mmcblk0p2   12346778  876544  34565432 33% /home

and  

/dev/mmcblk0p1   789798798     898798789    78787787   88%    /home/user/Mydocs

/dev.mmcblk1p1   987877787     878787878   565656565   13%   / media/mmc1

These are your eMMC memory. Now these have 2 names: a physical device name, mmcblk0p1 - MMC block mode memory 0, partion 1, where the actual serial interface is provided. It is the physical device that you mount, check, rebuild, format - not the /home or /home/user/MyDocs. But these are the devices you have to "umount" to run fschk that can modify it. The "mounting" may be to any arbitrary place in your file system - e.g. you may "mount" the external MMC under your "MyDocs" - e.g. ss "Documents". However, Nokia has set them up so that you can see your removable memory - just as on Windows. 

Read the fschk description on the manual pages available on the net, and a good set of options were provided in an earlier comment. When the fschk returns status 0 - "all ok", then just reboot instead of trying
               sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /home
               sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs

sudo mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/mmc

In this order. Also observe that if "/home" is visible, this is on the same chipset, just part 2. There was a timing error issue earlier on that should have been resolved on all N900 no more than 2 years old. But if the N900 runs at a higher clock frequency, this problem will re-appear.

A good resource for better understand this is the Linux documentation and "wiki", in particuar the www.maemo.org site, with full system documetation.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ktproud

N900 File Manager have no files and folders

fsck -t ext3 /dev/mmcblk0p1

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1

df

this above command work ! But after rebooting same problem comes again...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
knuthf

Re: N900 File Manager have no files and folders

Type 

mount

Without any arguments. Look for the line;

/dev/mcblk0p1   - type should be vfat (rm,noauto, nodev, noexec, nosuid, noatime, nodiratime, utf8, uid=29999, shortname=mixed, dmask-000, fmask=0133, rodir)

A long shot is that the mount /etc/fstab is wrong.
You will have to edit this file - can you use "vi"? well one line should be:

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs vfat noauto,nodev,noexec,nosuid,noatime,
nodiratime,utf8,uid=29999,shortname=mixed,dmask=000,fmask=0133,rodir 0 0

This file is used by the mount command when the system starts and you can amend the line  at the end.

:smileymad:nother simpler explanatio is that the file system may be full of deleted file, held in the .Trashes directory. Use "rm" to remove them permanently.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ktproud

Thanks a lot 

Problem solved :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ktproud

solved