Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N900 LANGUAGE.

Contributor

N900 LANGUAGE.

Hi.

i wish buy this nokia in England but i need a help :smileysad: with languages does she have?

i must to know all them. help please.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

The generic uk has:

cestina

dansk

deutsch

english (UK)

english (USA)

Espanol (America latina)

Espanol (Espana)

francais (Canada)

francais (France)

Italiano

nederlands

norsk (Norge)

polski

portugues (Portugal)

suomi

Svenska

Russian

Some may not be available on the vodafone branded handset, I don't know..

Blimey.. tone down that font size!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

what you think about this phone? it's a something good or **bleep**? good idea to spend 500 pounds?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

I really like it, but I've been using Maemo for years on Nokias other Maemo devices (770, N800 and N810).. It isn't mature, some features still need to be developed..

Some people don't like that fact it has only limited portrait mode you can't send messages or emails in portrait mode.. you can make phone calls and now, with an unlockable feature, you can use the web browser in portrait mode although not all features work..

the maps software is really a bit basic and has very limited navigation support

It doesn't work with Ovi Suite so syncing messages music and images isn't supported at all..

It doesn't support multiple profiles (meeting, pager, general, silent) only general and silent

It doesn't support MMS

Those are the main bad points, I think..

but the other stuff is really interesting.. like VoIP and Skype support, integrated instant messenger that combines SMS  and internet instant messaging (MSN/ICQ/AIM are available after installing an update package)

It supports numerous video and audio formats and more can be added as codecs

The browser is fantastic and support the basics like flash, but also plugins (like adblock)

It's a great device, even if it is a bit rough.. but you have to think about exactly what you want.. and DO NO assume it supports something because other Nokia's do.. unless it actually says it in the specs, it might not.. 

The lack of MMS has fooled a lot of people..

Please use plain text.
on4hu

[ Edited ]

I buy a Nokia N900, I am Belgian and my mother tongue is French, the Nokia I have a problem with GPS, I have chosen for all but the French like Langi Street and places are in Dutch? ???
how to remedy this

best regards

on4hu

Moderators note:

Removed email address. Personal contact information is not allowed on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pchung_94565

cestina

dansk

deutsch

english (UK)

english (USA)

Espanol (America latina)

Espanol (Espana)

francais (Canada)

francais (France)

Italiano

nederlands

norsk (Norge)

polski

portugues (Portugal)

suomi

Svenska

Russian

Hi Chirs,

I had lost the above languge selection after installed tradition Chinese package, and can't restore my default English languge, in languge and region setup only 3 Chinese selection aviliable, please advisor how to restore these languge selection.

Thanks

Peter

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

cpitchford wrote:

I really like it, but I've been using Maemo for years on Nokias other Maemo devices (770, N800 and N810).. It isn't mature, some features still need to be developed..

Some people don't like that fact it has only limited portrait mode you can't send messages or emails in portrait mode.. you can make phone calls and now, with an unlockable feature, you can use the web browser in portrait mode although not all features work..

the maps software is really a bit basic and has very limited navigation support

It doesn't work with Ovi Suite so syncing messages music and images isn't supported at all..

It doesn't support multiple profiles (meeting, pager, general, silent) only general and silent

It doesn't support MMS

Those are the main bad points, I think..

but the other stuff is really interesting.. like VoIP and Skype support, integrated instant messenger that combines SMS  and internet instant messaging (MSN/ICQ/AIM are available after installing an update package)

It supports numerous video and audio formats and more can be added as codecs

The browser is fantastic and support the basics like flash, but also plugins (like adblock)

It's a great device, even if it is a bit rough.. but you have to think about exactly what you want.. and DO NO assume it supports something because other Nokia's do.. unless it actually says it in the specs, it might not.. 

The lack of MMS has fooled a lot of people..

well..... here is what i got to say :

cpitchford was right in every point, just let me add some things to that, maps are not that good, but there is several maps replacements in the app manager, take mappero for example, it uses google maps, it has navigation.... and voice navigation for this app is on the way.

ovi suite is not supported, you can only use it to back up/restore, and instal nokia maps on the device (and i think it works with software update). no multiple profiles by default, but you can install the tweaker app, this app is great, one of its goodies is creating new profiles (editting them, renaming them, and a lots of them...), no mms, but you can install the fmms applications, and with this app you can send mms messages .

the device is awesome, it covers your basic needs, and plus, the browser is incredible, even firefox mobile is nice two . i love my n900 .

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.