Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N900 and Skype

Sage
jmoulding

N900 and Skype

i Dont have skype on my handset but was lead to believe skype was already on it :/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: N900 and Skype

[ Edited ]

Would you recognise the skype support on your phone?! I think you're looking in the wrong place

Open settings

select VoIP and IM accounts

select new

do you see a skype option in there?

The grand thing is, its not a seperate app! ditto for the zillions of IM services it supports (* with optional plugins) best feature ever!!

Please use plain text.
Professor

Yeah the Skype integration blew me away, and i love you can open contacts and sort by availability too.

My only gripe with the IM capabilities is that it doesn't support msn, which is ok as i use pidgin, but i'd like it to remain in the conversations box and the contacts menu. 

Oh well. The Skype integration is still incredible.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

You could install pecan (or butterfly or haze stuff) then it supports it "natively"? it doesn't support file transfer, or much beyond IM, though

Please use plain text.
Professor

Interesting.

I got the pidgin contacts addon but it was pretty terrible so got rid of it. Is it the same with Pecan?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

I've not used the pidgin thing.. I used the haze plugin set.. mainly for AIM and MSN support.. it integrates with the contacts in the same way as the Ovi and Google talk plugins.. Seemed ok to me, but I'm not a heavy user, ,

Please use plain text.
Professor

What bugged me about the pidgin extension was that it did integrate, but you couldn't delete anyone you didn't want without removing it from the server. now, i have some people i don't want in my contact book as i don't have their numbers and it just displays as ridiculous msn names, but i can't delete it without losing it completely. 

If and when we can make contact groups then it won't be an issue as i can just hide them, but until then i'll make do with manual logging in 

Please use plain text.