Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N900 bluetooth not working

viliauvinen

N900 bluetooth not working

Hey all,

My bluetooth was working fine in the beginning, but now I'm unable to start the bluetooth and/or pair it to any devices.

I setup from the bluetooth menu the bluetooth on, visible and name it but, when I click "save" button nothing happens. When I re-enter the menu all the settings are gone, and the bluetooth has never started.

I just downloaded today/yesterday the latest maemo update and was hoping this would fix the problem but the problem still exists.

Would anyone know a fix for the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vili Auvinen

Finland

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: N900 bluetooth not working

When did bluetooth stop working? How long ago?
Please use plain text.
viliauvinen

Perhaps two weeks ago. Maybe even three. Not quite sure im afraid, but less than a month ago.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jai1590

[ Edited ]

thank lord that someone has the same problem with the n900 bluetooth problem as i do ....btw how to fix it ???  btw my bluetooth wasn't working for like 3 weeks ago.

Please use plain text.
kirtco

i suggest to all including nokia that the bluetooth issue started exactly when the new update came through . i have a bueant hands free kit and the update killed the mic . i can hear others but they cant hear me.

hope there is a new update soon. my impression of the n900 is falling rapidly.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

Don't think it was the update that caused it. That's only been available for just under a week.

Mine works fine. Connects faultlessly to my Motorola HT-820 stereo headphones, and all controls work fine.

Please use plain text.
kirtco

may be a copatability with the blue ant set. the mic definitely stoppped straight after doing the update.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

Is the Bluetooth flashable on the Blue Ant set?

I've got a set of Jabra headphones that stopped working after an update on my N95. The Bluetooth firmware is flashable, but I can't find a cable that fits.

Please use plain text.
viliauvinen

Any solutions to the original problem? I'd also appreciate if people would keep the discussion to the topic, and start individual topics for different problems.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

My BT worked fine on the weekend Fri 21st to Mon 24th of May. Then I didn't use it before the PR1.2 and now on Tue evening I needed to transfer some files from my friend's computer (no cable with me...), but nothing happened. The computer found my N900, but when you tried to transfer files nothing happened, no connection... We tried to boot both my friend's computer and my N900, but it didn't help. So what next?

And this problem appeared after PR1.2, no problems what so ever before that....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

So any help...?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

How did you update to PR1.2, OTA or via Maemo Flasher?

All I can suggest at the moment is try reflashing using Maemo Flasher via a PC.

I'm connecting and sending files to and from devices without any problems at all.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

try downloading bluezwitch, its not really a fix but it might turn it on for you

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I used OTA...

Can someone give me a link to EASY how to flash -guide...? If I flash only os personal data should stay untouched...?

Please use plain text.
viliauvinen

I tried to flash the phone, after which the bluetooth worked. Then I went on to recover a backup I had created and it stoped working again. So I'm guessing there is some sort of bug in the code that has corrupted my bluetooth settings.

With that being said I don't know what to do. I have a lot of data from my business on the backup (like contacts), so I cannot reroll backwards and on the other hand I would need the bluetooth.

I'm expecting a solution from the Nokia team.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ultravires

I have exactly the same problem. I want to turn my bluetooth connection on but nothing happens (after I check "Bluetooth on", "visible"  and then I put my device name e.g. "N900" and press the "save" icon; here I think that before, when it was working fine, the device filled automatically it's name t.i. "N900").

Ii stopped working just a week or so ago; I have the latest FW PR 1.2 since June, it could be that I installed an application in between but other than that it worked without problems with an old as with the new FW.

Any solutions up to now? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pepeborda

I have the same problem with my n900 bluethooth suddenly not working ... entering the option to connect and space would have to say the name of the device (default n900) is in vacuum, placed a new name, placed on and visible, then save and nothing happens. In the forum I found several users with the same problem, and I think one user said that was solved after a few weeks, I hope so ... Thanks for the time, and hopefully find the solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
velazcomiguel

i have the same problem and i couldnt solved yet i red ina a blog that maybe i have to make a hard reset but i dont know how to do that please if someone solved this troble put the solution here i cant send any file via bluetooth i download bluezwitch bluemaemo,bt hid watcher bt hid connect petrovich, bluetooth dun and any happen i can configure the bluetooth i put the name and the option visible and nothing that sucks and nokia should put more app in ovi store the nokia n900 owner have to migrate to meego or androide because theres nothing good as nimbuzz or whats app i cand sen files on the skype preinstaleed just called or chat fringe is poor on n900theres no aplication awsome for this nokia tha its a great device on the ovi i have to suffer to download a great app
Please use plain text.
Professor
virajxx3006

Velazcomiguel -

Is your firmware updated to PR 1.3?

got to settings - about product - firmware version -

20.2010.36-2

And, you can update your firmware by using Nokia Software Updater or Nokia OVI suite.
"You may loose faith on us.. But never in your selves! From here, the fight will be your own.."

_____________[Protect Transformers]_____________
Please use plain text.
pilotbc90

same problem on my N900 i have the latest update 20.2010.36-2 it is unable to pair up

when you select new device it just stays there ! 

Please use plain text.