Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N900 memory error

Registered Member
Gelvin
Accepted Solution

N900 memory error

I think i got a virus... (had the same problem with a few usbsticks and on my computer).

I have cleared the virus on all devices, but i dont know how to solve it on the phone. The virus affects det autorun-file on the flashdrive and hides all folders.I can see everything in the terminal (i think) but when plugged into the computer i cant see any files with explorer. (using win 7, and showing hidden files)

Most functions on the phone works but not the camera, i get the error "Cant access memory" or something similar.

Anyone with the same problem or an idea on how to solve it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

not a virus. really isn't.. however, if your PC was infected, it could've screwed up your phones storage..

Easiest option, use the file manager on the phone
Press and hold on the phone icon and select format

Open the phone's web browser
Open this link
http://chris.intrepid.cx/N900/restore-mydocs.tar
Save the file in the "root" of your phone.. where all the folders are, or rather should be.. the top folder.

Open an X terminal and run
cd MyDocs
tar xf restore-mydocs.tar

That should get you going, but you'll have lost all the files on your phone.. (contacts, sms, emails etc will be kept though)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gelvin

Thank you!

Everything is working as it should now. And nothing important were lost in the process.

Not sure how to avoid this in the future, but atleast i have an antivirusprogram on the computer now.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.