Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N900 problem

Advisor

bro thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.to muthc i cant thanx you in words you sole my mazor problem thanx again bro..nice to see like u..thanx again i will try to flesh tomraw now duty finish thanx again i will post tomorao again after flesh....thax...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

No probs,

When you run flasher.sh and it gives you that menu, be careful to enter a number followed by enter.. 

It should help you and prompt you to enter stuff correctly.. 

Let me know if you have any problems or if it works well :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

Thank you very very much Cpitchford!!!

I was able to flash the EMMC and OS.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Good job!

After Kippu ran my thrown-together script a few times he's helped me iron out some pretty poor bugs! I've updated the script package and improved the support for Mac OS X in addition to Linux

The script will work on any recent Debian based system, in particular Ubuntu.. It will work on Mac OS X if you have installed the flasher OSX package before hand.. 

I'll also work on making an installer that will create a bootable USB image for you

Note to Nokia, it will not contain any nokia software, that will be downloaded by the user themselves to ensure they accept your terms and conditions over at tablets-dev..

Note to everyone else: You'll have to download the firmware and flasher package yourself from Nokia, but the image will install and use them.

Details will be here:

http://chris.intrepid.cx/N900/flasher.zip

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have had to solve so many problems since I acquire my N900 but my problem now is my battery does not last 1/2day, my E71 will last for 2 days.

The solution you proffer sound some how complicated to me.

Is it possible for you to break it down further, kind of giving a step by step instruction.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

You don't need to follow these instructions. Use NSU (Nokia software updater) to re-flash your device .. it will be totally wiped, but whatever is causing your low battery life is likely to be gone too..

The flasher instructions are for people who can't use NSU.. and the flasher.zip in the post above is for people who are having problems flashing under windows.. If you've not tried using NSU yet, you should..
Please use plain text.
Advisor

bro sorry for disturb again but today i try to flesh with my this nex tecnology but fail.....i got 4 option

1)R&D

2)Flash OS

3)Flash eMMc

4)Exit

#?

i presh no..3 then i got

1)Select Flash image 3)Start

2)Change reboot mode 4)Back

#?

i press 1 then enter i got

1)image:emmc/RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

2)Albort

#?

i press 1 then i got again

#?

now i press  3 then i got this error:

Executing:  -F emmc/RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -F -R

Returned error:127

press enter to continue

press enter then same

#?

what i do plzzzzzzzzzzz?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

That sounds like you have an old version of the script.. download the flasher.zip file again (which should be a new version) and extract it.. it should fix that problem..
Please use plain text.
Advisor

plz  any link for new......flasher

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

It's the same link as before, it hasn't changed.. See 6 posts above
Please use plain text.
Advisor

bro problem in new flasher..cant intall maemo flasher...when i use new flasher ...that size 6 kb i think and old one 4 kb..when i use new one and try to install bash flasher.sh then problem..its show

about to install flasher from : Image dpkg/maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2_i386.deb

press enter to continue

dpkg:error processing image:dpkg/maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2_i386.deb (--install errors were encountered while processing:

Image:dpkg/maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2_i386.deb

failed to install  flasher

and with old one that  4 kb flasher.sh its ok i can use it ..but problem in new ..wlhat i do .....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

That is the same problem.. the old script couldn't tell if you'd installed the package properly.. the new script is tryijng to install the package and for some reason on your machine it is failing..

Are you running this as root?

run:

id

does it tell you you are root?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

yes i m using root bro?this probllem in new flasher .old on ok..but problem in flesh in old.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

ahhh.. ffs! buuuuug!

Download and extract again

http://chris.intrepid.cx/N900/flasher.zip

my bad.. to be fair, you're only the third person to use this script :smileywink:

you should be ok after that!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

thanx brother now i dont have  word to say you thanx...thaxxxxxxxxxxxxx to muthccccc now  i make mobile fulll flesh with you....thanx again.....ur only one in all....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Not a problem! Glad it's working again!!

Don't fear pressing the little green star button on the left as a sign of appreciation :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
musician_xx

cpitchford, you're a N900 god!  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i ran into this problem today is there any commands for windows or just ubunto which i did install fully on computer for this operation

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

If you want to try it on windows first, follow this great how to from Adamf:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=168

However, remember that you want to use newer firmware files, no the ones he mentions as they are the old versions.. If you're in the UK, you're stuck with the old version, though as Nokia haven't made the new versions available for download yet

If you don't have any joy, let me know and I'll walk you through doing this on Ubuntu

Please use plain text.
Advisor

it does not show that usb symbol at all and on ubunto it says no devices deceted so im just gonna send it in to nokia

Please use plain text.