Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N900 vs N9

Contributor
SUMEDHE5DMS
Accepted Solution

N900 vs N9

What is the best smartphone of these. N900 or N9?
[SUMEDHE5DMS]
Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

Re: N900 vs N9

You will probably get a better number of replies to this question if you ask in the correct part of the forum /t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/bd-p/maemo
Although n-series devices, as they don't use symbian they have their own area
N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey SUMEDHE5DMS, Welcome to the Nokia forums!

If you are looking to compare the devices, you could use the 'compare' function on the Nokia website to compare multiple products.

I hope this helps!

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

SUMEDHE5DMS if you are very familiar with linux then in that sense N900 is better than N9 because N9 has aegis security system which makes N9's kernel not 100% open like N900 so you can not do all Linux command things on N9 which you do on N900
But as end user point of view N9 obviously is superior than N900 with powerful hardware specs and beautiful swipe ui and also number of apps/games available for N9 are more than of those of N900's
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

donofworld wrote:
SUMEDHE5DMS if you are very familiar with linux then in that sense N900 is better than N9 because N9 has aegis security system which makes N9's kernel not 100% open like N900 so you can not do all Linux command things on N9 which you do on N900

Perhaps it would be fair to mention Inception as a means of circumventing platform security upon the N9.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Inception currently works but it is cat and mouse game already as last month Nokia had blocked initial Inception version with software update and Nokia may release un-hackable aegis version with up coming pr 1.3 release
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

donofworld wrote:
Inception currently works but it is cat and mouse game already as last month Nokia had blocked initial Inception version with software update and Nokia may release un-hackable aegis version with up coming pr 1.3 release

Doubt that they will have either the wherewithal or inclination to continue locking it down.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

@SUMEDHE5DMS

both are excelent devices!

the UI is different...but he same.

both will give you a wrap around effect which is nice.

the n900 you have to press a bit differently becuase it is a resistive screen whereas the n9 is capacitive and takes no press at all. what i miss about my n9 here is the accuracy of the down-to-the-pixel accuracy that resistive has over the capacitive.

the screens are different too.

n900 has lcd 800x480. still very nice.

the n9, amoled 854x480. black is BLACK! very nice, and the glass is curved which is very smooth!

OS-wise, n900 is meamo, very good UI, excellent multi-tasking, smooth, and customizable. the n9, is meego (harmattan), update to maemo, which the UI again is exellent with multitasking, very smooth, and still customizable (with and without inception, though IMO, even if it is blocked, the community will get it, as pr1.3 is supposedly the last form of support, so it will be cracked)

both are great devices, and swipe on the n9 is awesome!

remember that the n900 is 2.5 years old now, and though it is still lightyears ahead of many other devices, they are getting harder and harder to get in great-to-NIB condition. I still have 2 of them, but hardly use them as i am using 2 n9 devices.

Oh, which reminds me. if you have to alter/create any office docs...n900. the n9 still does not have a doc editor. the only thing you can do is open the docs and read them, not create/edit/alter.

HTH
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SUMEDHE5DMS

Thank you for all..! Now I can select what I need to buy.
[SUMEDHE5DMS]
Please use plain text.