Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N900 with PC Suite

Counsellor

N900 with PC Suite

next question is, does PC suite work for the N900?  i backed up my contacts from my N97 onto my computer and tried to upload them to the N900.  PC Suite says the phone is connect but when i go to drag it in the "drag and drop" box it doesnt allow me.  So then i started up the backup part and tried it through there and then it said there was no phone connected.  everything is up-to-date with PC suite.
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: N900 with PC Suite

This is the problem.  you are trying to do a backup of an Orange to a Banana.  The  N97 data is in Symbian format (file structures, attributes,etc) and the N900 is in...maemo.   The only thing you can do is use phone switch.

PC suite 7.1.40.1 (parts of it) work wonderfully.

Content Copier - Does not work.  Use Backup on N900.

Sync works wonderfully

One touch access - yes in USB mode, no in bluetooth

Contacts- Works

Communication center - Does not work

Calendar- works wonderfully

File Manager - works

Image store - Does not work

Video Manager -  Not required do not need to convert video for N900

Application installer - not required

Software updater - Works

Map Loader- works

Updates to pc suite are comming

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

thanks for that info!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

You can use the synchronise feature on the N900 to pull you contacts, calendar and notes from the N97.. See under Settings, then "Transfer and sync"

You may need to pair your N97 with your N900 via bluetooth before hand.

I used to pull all my info across from my N97 and ot worked well. It isn't possible to sync SMS messages yet, though.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I was lucky in that the system I use PC Sync on was not available the first day I had my N900.  I found the N900 had it's own sync client and paired it with my old cell (an N6230i) and did a direct phone-to-phone sync.  Worked quite well and pulled everything in one shot (thought it did take some time, being bluetooth...)

I later paired and did a sync with my PC and it "matched" everything on the phone.  Overall a very painless experience.  I do miss being able to read SMS on my PC via the sync program though. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

For me the biggest disappointment is that NO MESSAGES (SMS) can be send with PC Suite. Is that normal? Is it expected to be corrected soon?

Calendar and Contacts are working fine, although. On the other hand, functionality of PC Suite for N900 is quite limited. It could be so nice to simulate your complete Mobile Phone on a desktop or laptop with a big screen and regular keyboard.

Message Edited by dutch_ on 15-Dec-2009 08:13 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have a Mac and I don't know how or when I will be able to transfer my calendar from Ovi to my N900.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

+1 for sms capabilities
Please use plain text.

Is the SMS-function coming available ever in PC-Suite w/ N900 or is there possibly a new PC-suite coming at some point? Anybody know?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Miguel_MX

That is exactly what I expect from nokia a PC Suite that can translate my n97 file from content copier to my new phone N900. I don't care if the new OS is FreeBSD, Slackware, Debian, they had to do their job of making the Data you save compatible. It's the same company.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jaisun_acy

Okay people!

Seems like the misery is over!!

N900 2.2009.51.1

I hope this puts an end to all that you have all been through!

Enjoy!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zina86

an update Re: N900 with PC Suite

Any idea when will we be able to transfer messages?
 Are we waiting for an update for the phone or for PC Suite? I read recently that the newest update for the N900 will not have this message syncing feature where we can get our messages from different symbian phones to N900.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
banek

Re: an update Re: N900 with PC Suite

Is there anybody that has solved problem with sms between N900 and PCSuite?

Please use plain text.
Sage
blwetorch

Not yet.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
banek

I can't believe that so sophisticated model is not supported full by software! This is embarrassing for such well known name - Nokia.

Please use plain text.