Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Network problem with N9

Contributor
gastromush

Network problem with N9

I'm having this strange problem with the network and i don't know whether it's a phone's problem or not. Sometimes the network stops working, even though the bars on the upper left of the screen show it's connected. It results in no access to the network, i can't receive, make calls or use the internet.

Does it sound to be more a problem of the phone or of the network's company?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Network problem with N9

Whilst presumably in Network mode it is set to "Dual" does changing to "GSM" make any difference with this paritcular provider? Could only suggest trying SIM for another provider to see if your n9 behaves similarly as a process of elimination.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sossukas

I have a same problem. 

I don't think it's sim card fault because it works fine in other phone. But other sim card in Nokia N9 doesn't seem to work sometimes aswell. Same thing, can't call out, text messages don't come thru and can't connect to inthernet but connection bars are high.  

What I should do? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

I would expect that you have tried to do a reboot....

in any case, it is entirely possible that there is corruption on the device preventing the ability to complete your request, despite showing your "bars" of network service.

while I do know it sucks to start over, it may be your only way to test if the device is failing or if it is a corruption issue.

give it a whirl and flash your device. the instructions are in the top 12 post above.

you can also go the wiki.maemo.org page and search for flashing there.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.