Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New WIndows OS on N9

Contributor
ozklee

New WIndows OS on N9

Does anyone know if Nokia will allow the N9 to be upgradable to the Windows version running on the new Lumia 800? The Lumia looks suspiciously very similar to the N9 so I assume potentially this may be a possibiliy. My wife has the N9 & we both really like the phone but the MeeGo OS is no longer supported so a dead end. Syncing contacts/calender entries is also a pain on the N9.

I'm using the E7 as I use it for my daily work, at least I can use a real keyboard & can sync contacts/calendars with outlook but I do prefer the user interface & operation of the N9.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

This will not be a possibility, Nokia will never officially allow customers to install windows on the N9. The devices do look similar on the outside but the internal hardware is quite different.

Also the hardware of the N9 isn't compatible with windows phone as Microsoft has strict hardware requirements for that OS.

FYI meego is still supported, more updates and apps will be coming to it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ozklee

Great to hear that updates & more apps will be coming for the N9, will this be via Nokia or will this need to be done by downloading from the MeeGo gurus??

Would love to get the MeeGo working on the E7 as I do like the UI & how easy it is to use but really like the physical keyboard on the E7

I suppose that won't be happening either :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Nope, that won't be happening either. If you want an E7 style device running meego you need to find someone who is selling the developer only N950 model.

Further updates to meego will come from Nokia via official software updates.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Noja14

Why This OS is lagging behind others ? This Is the only thing that **bleep** me off about this unique gadget called Nokia n9. Imagine A phone like this without some applications like fifa13,badoo,watsapp and so on which are on Nokia n8
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Noja14 wrote:
magine a phone like this without some applications like whatsapp and so on which are on Nokia n8

You could look at:http://openwhatsapp.org/download/

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.