Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Link for Vista? Ovi Suite for N9?

kem23

Nokia Link for Vista? Ovi Suite for N9?

I was very dissapointed when i found that my new N9 couldnt use Ovi Souite. I was even more disspointed when i found that Nokia Link dont support Windows Vista.

Anyone working on a solution? I mean, i cant be the only guy with this problem....

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Nokia Link for Vista? Ovi Suite for N9?

I use PC Suite 7.1.62.1 and it works perfect for the N9.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
incal

Also installed this pc suite version and it would appear to work well. It certainly raises a couple of issues;

1. Nokia link is an unacceptable compromise in pc connection with the N9

2. Why would you update connectivity software only to make it lass connective it makes no sense at all. eg Ovi Suite and now Nokia Suite

3. The developers could do well by a close study of iTunes for a very smart and userfriendly piece of soft ware.

As to the N9 itself; Brilliant phone I love it. Have been using mobiles since the old analog brick days. Nokia since 1990 and the N9 even beats the old bricks:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jayzteroid

Nokia Suite from the Beta Labs supports N9.

Lumia 1020, N9, 808 PureView, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Vote NO to Nokia - MS -deal.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Brunhilda

[ Edited ]

No, it does not support N9, but old PC suite does.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jayzteroid

Brunhilda - I have Nokia Suite 3.2.98 beta and it supports my N9 16G.
However... a fresh Nokia Suite 3.2.98 beta install on my laptop doesn't.

It seems that I have some old files on my desktop (W7 Pro 64bit) that makes support possible.

I haven't been able to trace which files are they.

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Follow this:

/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/N9-MeeGo-1-2-Harmattan-Sync-Contacts-and-Calendar-with-PC/m-p/1197703/me...

-----------

Latest Nokia Suite 3.2.98 supports the N9 in case you follow this procedure:

1) Uninstall current Ovi (Nokia) Suite.

2) Install older Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290. Download here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/NEaBJnfo/Nokia_Ovi_Suite_300290.html

3) Connect your N9 and you will see the N9 connected to this Ovi Suite version

4) Feel free to do an initial synchronisation of contacts or calendar before Suite update

5) Update Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 to Nokia Suite 3.2.98 from Nokia Betalabs

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-beta/download_and_installation

(Do not uninstall the old version)

6) Connect again your N9 :smileywink:

7) Enjoy synchronizing contacts and calendar with Outlook using latest Nokia Suite 3.2.98)

Comment: Nokia Maps are still not supported via Nokia Suite

vision

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

[ Edited ]

Guys the solution provided (i.e. installing Nokia Suite over old version of Ovi Suite) is not working, if you do not have preinstalled and not updated Ovi Suite version 3.0.0.2.9.0.

I am attempting to install old Ovi Suite, but before even starting installs, it requires updating Ovi Suite -- after that it gets the latest version of Ovi Suite, which does not work with N9 fo contacts and calendar sync.

In any case I think all will admit -- that this route (even if it works eventually or on some systems) is not a proper way of sync for contacts and calendars.  This is just a way around -- like using wheel from a cart  to replace wheel on mercedes (if you discover that mercedes has not provided spare wheel).  

This is not a right way for Nokia to treat its clients, unless Nokia is determined to go down.

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Important thing I missed to mention:

Disconnect from internet when you are installing the old version 3.0.0.290 :smileywink:

Otherwise you will not be able to install this version.

I did it in this way and I am syncing now calendar and contacts with outlook using 3.2.98 which I have installed afterwards without deinstaling the old version.

Fullstop!

vision

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jayzteroid

Yes, make sure, as Winny said, that you are disconnected from the internet.

I disconnected the WLAN from my laptop, plugged E7-00 in and installed Ovi Suite from the mass memory of the phone. Versio is 3.0.0.284 I think.
That versio recognized N9 and even show the correct icon.

Then I installed 3.2.98 beta without uninstalling the 3.0.0.284.

Works fine. Now I can connect to the internet with USB cable and N9.

As mentioned before, updating Maps doesn't work.

Thanks Winny!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Esanssia

That same thing works with suite 3.2.100 too. I have now N9 connected to 3.2.100.

:smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

In case your Nokia Suite 3.2.100 crashes while synchronizing the N9 calendar with Outlook then just delete the PC-SYNC calendar on your N9 and start synchronization again :smileywink:

The PC-SYNC will be recreated but the crash doesn't reoccur anymore...

winny

Please use plain text.
Advisor
trues

That versio recognized N9 and even show the correct icon...

Please use plain text.
johnny2004

Thanks for that tip!  I was experiencing Nokia Suite crashes when it started to sync Outlook calendar, notes.  I've just deleted the PC Sync calendar from the N9, tried to re-sync and it works a treat!  Fantastic, no more need to synce between Outlook > Google calendar sync > N9 via MfE account!  Phew.

Please use plain text.

I installed ovi suite 3.0.0.98 and managed to sync my N9. Then I installed the latest nokia suite 3.2.100 and cannot connect any more. Nokia suite just tells me: "Sorry, but this device can't be used with Nokia Suite". So apparently Nokia has fixed the "bug" that allowed N9 to be connected to Nokia Suite??? I'm running Vista 32-bit so I cannot use Nokia Link either. If I reinstall 3.0.0.98 and turn on my internet connection Ovi Suite will force me to install 3.2.100 again. Not very happy.

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

I have installed Nokia Suite as described already above and I am syncing all N9 data using 3.2.100.

Initial installation without internet connection was 3.0.0.290 (http://www.4shared.com/file/NEaBJnfo/Nokia_Ovi_Sui​te_300290.html).

Sync of N9 with this version was possible and after upgrade to 3.2.100 (without deinstalling old version) I am still able to connect the N9.

Don't know what's the issue in your case.... but in my case it is working.

winny

Please use plain text.

Phew! I finally managed to connect my N9 with latest Nokia Suite. I had to do a full VISTA reinstallation to get it to work. After installing the operating system and all the necessary updates (service packs, etc. this took a couple of days) I followed the steps outlined in the previous messages. First with Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 without internet connection and then upgraded to the latest Nokia Suite 3.2.100 and it still worked. Now I'm just wondering why Nokia decided to make things so difficult to it's N9 customers :smileymad:.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaripi

Winny's suggestion works well and this is really a risk free procedure, if your computer is in a proper condition (not a piece of junk) ... just stop your internet connection first and then make it step by step as Winny suggested ... it really works well - thanks Winny ...

Please use plain text.
xraleman

Nokia Suite 3.2.98 is no longer available in betalabs.nokia.com
It is now Nokia Suite 3.3.49 Beta
Not sure if this fix works now or not as described by winny
Please use plain text.
xraleman

Well, I tried this fix from winny but the Nokia Suite 3.2.98 software is no longer available in betalabs.nokia.com

It is now Nokia Suite 3.3.49 Beta
I followed winny's fix to the letter, and had to install Nokia suite 3.3.49 Beta. When I connected my N9, it recognized it and told me that this suite does not work with my N9, and gave me the option to download Nokia Link, which I tried but it does not work with Windows Vista. 

So, is there somewhere were I can get a copy f Nokia Suite 3.2.98 or 3.2.100??? 

Thanks

Please use plain text.