Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 Battery

Cioky

Nokia N9 Battery

Hello Nokia!

I got an Nokia N9 and i think i hace a problem with it's battery. When the phone s battery level reaches @20 % it suddenly drops down to 4 % when i activate the 3g or make a phone call. Is that normal or should i take the phone to a service?

Thx in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Cioky

Would be interested to know what value you get for "Average Idle Consumption" with Battery Usage app:http://store.ovi.com/content/138659

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Cioky

I got the app and after 20 mins since i have installed it it is @ 20mAh

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Cioky

That certainly appears reasonable so not something running in the background of which you are not aware. Just to clarify that value remains upon 4% after call terminated in this situation and not returns to higher value?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Cioky

sometimes it does recover from that 4%...but it is anoying to wait for a few minutes to make a phone call without risking to run out of battery... Thx for the replies
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

happens to me too. 20% - 2% in a flash. I feel it more a used battery issue or what you may have installed or modified...if you have.

my n9 is like a work pickup truck....1 year old and already has a 100,000 miles on it but love to hold it, use it, and abuse it! :smileywink:
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CallumBrierly

I have the exact same problem with mine, dropping from around 20% to 4%, then turning off, it then lets ne turn it back on and then displays the charge as 20% again. A few times it has even dropped from 30% to 0%, then stayed on 0 for hours until thr battery actually runs out. I've only had the phone a week and this has already started to really annoy me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

N9 battery life can be pretty unpredictable without using mods from TMO forum so perhaps best way is to close all background apps which are not needed always and to do a reset from time to time to keep the N9 fresh.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rembrandt

i have the same problem and one day my phone died...so suddenly, perhaps its a battery problem perhaps a software problem or soemthing else? the problem apperas first time when i used 3G, then suddenly my phone powered off...i  don't know, i just send it to the service i hope i ll not have to pay for a new battery, cause i have it 11 months and the warranty for such problems is 6 months...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CalBrierly

The battery reading software isn't very good with the n9. Whenever it drops to 4%, you can go into the terminal, gain root access with 'devel-su', insert password 'rootme' unless you've changed it, and then type '/sbin/stop bme', once it says bme stop/waiting, type '/sbin/start bme'. Now the battery reading should be at it's actual amount.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Faz1

[ Edited ]

Great tip! Sounds like a scheduled cronjob may be in order.

I had suffered from this issue as described by others but found uninstalling all battery monitors has helped a lot.

Please use plain text.