Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 PR1.2 Regards to Skype through 3G

Registered Member
thomasSauce

Nokia N9 PR1.2 Regards to Skype through 3G

Hi, I have recently noticed a problem with my phone, I'm unable to connect to Skype and Facebook chat when I'm using 3G(dual, actually) network.

I don't have that problem when I'm connected to a Wi-Fi network, I get to send and receive chat/IM messages just fine.

On 3G however, I can search the web, receive updates from Twitter and Facebook notifications, but I just can't seem to connect to Skype and Facebook chat.

Please help me?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
smcsa

On TMO it was a guy from Argentina. The operator of this guy block everything not releated to normal browsing, including Skype and GTalk. Maybe this is your problem too ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
usefulmody

Have Same problem here. Is there any Solution yet ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

As previously advised, some networks block IP calls including Skype on their networks because it affects their revenue. So it is not necessarily a problem with the phone. I personally have not had any problems using Skype over 3G with my network. Check with your network first to ensure they are not blocking. 

Please use plain text.

Exactly same with my N9 - can open browser, surf internet, however, can not use fb chat - fb just keeps me offline. Now, after trying and trying - when I finally logged off from facebook, application does not let me to log in via 3G connection... any cool tricks - anybody?

Please use plain text.