Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N9 Pre-Sales Questions

Sage
Accepted Solution

Nokia N9 Pre-Sales Questions

Hello

I am interested in purchasing the N9 as the price now is attractive. I have some questions.

1: Only the International Version is for sale. I am in the US. Other than no Warranty, is there anything I should know?

2: I am on T-Mobile. I believe the N9 supports the 1700/2100 spectrum, correct? I should get 3.5G right?

3: Has Nokia been pushing any OS updates? If so, I am in the US, will I get them?

4: Any difference between 16 and 64G versions (other than ram)?

5: Does N9 accept data card?

6: Is Nokia Maps supported?

7: Most Important: How is the Music Player?

This will probably be my last Nokia: 5300, 5800, X6, C6-01, ???

Thanks for your feedback!

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia N9 Pre-Sales Questions

musiclvr wrote:

1: Only the International Version is for sale. I am in the US. Other than no Warranty, is there anything I should know? Bear in mind replacement parts such as screens, USB door and SIM tray may be difficult to source

2: I am on T-Mobile. I believe the N9 supports the 1700/2100 spectrum, correct? I should get 3.5G right? Pentaband so no issues here, ceroberts75 upon forum is US user of N9

3: Has Nokia been pushing any OS updates? If so, I am in the US, will I get them? Yes, reliant upon device product code but as open source you are not reliant upon Nokia delivery for such

4: Any difference between 16 and 64G versions (other than ram)?No

5: Does N9 accept data card? No

6: Is Nokia Maps supported? Yes, Maps & Drive using 0.2.45.110 map series currently

7: Most Important: How is the Music Player? Sorry you'll have to ask again as tonedeaf!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Counsellor
smcsa

7. With stock earphones very good: loud and clear sound, no distorsions at max. volume (anyway, max vol is toooo loud)
Sage
emceedjcd

Adding my $ 0.02 as an N9 owner since February:

1: Only the International Version is for sale. I am in the US. Other than no Warranty, is there anything I should know?

Reading the Maemo and Meego Devices forum, some people have had problems iwth scratches in the screen. Since the latest update, using the video player that comes with the N9, it has become choppy. Other than that, I haven't had many problems with mine.

2: I am on T-Mobile. I believe the N9 supports the 1700/2100 spectrum, correct? I should get 3.5G right?

Yes. I'm on T-Mobile. I've had no problems, and as aspergerguy said, it's pentaband, so if AT&T ever does buy T-Mobile, or you switched to AT&T, it would still be useable.

3: Has Nokia been pushing any OS updates? If so, I am in the US, will I get them?

Yep. I got my first update (the second one since the N9 was released), about a week after I got my phone.

4: Any difference between 16 and 64G versions (other than ram)?

None that I have heard about.

5: Does N9 accept data card?

Nope. Completely closed phone. 64 GB though is alot of memory.

6: Is Nokia Maps supported?

Thankfully, yes. Along with Drive. Although, I don't think it's updated as often as Symbian or Windows phones.

7: Most Important: How is the Music Player?

The music player is great. You can actually choose by album title. Sound coming from it is good, but the speaker is on the bottom of the phone, so make sure you position the phone so you can hear the sound coming out of it!

Sage

All good to hear, and thank you!

I only use the music player with Headphones. I may invest in a Bluetooth speaker rig.

The C6-01 is holding value well on the resale market. I may sell it and upgrade.

This will be the end of the line though, I think.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Nokia going back to Symbian or doing anything other than M$ phones.

Thx for the replies!

Counsellor
smcsa

4. Diferrence goes to MyDocs only (where you put your own files - photos, clips, docs). The space for 3rd party apps is the same - around 3 GB.

Source