Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 Security Code??

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Then you better start trying all the passwords you normally use. I am sure you used one of them.

Please use plain text.
feyon9

[ Edited ]

i remember the pass, i'm glad to see my movil live again !

just is the pass comun use in other account

thanks for all !!!!

Please use plain text.
MortenS

It is a little bit difficult to find out if everybody in this thread have had EXACTLY the same problem. They seem to fall into two categories:

1) Those who have set a secutiry code (or Låsekode in DK) and forgotten/mistyped it.

2) Those who did not set a security code - but who's phones got locked anyway.

I belong to group 2. Upon setting a new MfE server that my company gave me, the phone locked itself, and naturally I don't have the security code - as I was not asked to set one. According to my company they do not have any security policies on the MfE server that can lock the phone, so I'm pretty sure there's a serious software bug.

I called Nokia Care - and they apparently knew of this problem already. They asked me to send the phone for repair, and now my phone has been sent to Finland for further inspection/debugging.

I'm posting in here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80821 when there are news.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mcnalljj

You could try syncing to the exchange account as a non-provisionable device. This would mean the Exchange server has no (admin) power over the device. This needs to be explicitly 'allowed' by exchange admin, but often isn't for security reasons.

Here are some extracts from an S60 MfE log, you could ask what your Exchange team uses out of these.

Policy PasswordEnabled =1
Policy alphanumericDevicePasswordRequired =0
Policy PasswordRecoveryEnabled =1
Policy MinPasswordLength =4
Policy maxInactiveTimeDevicelock =20
Policy FailedAttempts =8
Policy SimpleDevicePassword =1
Policy DevicePasswordExpire =90
Policy PasswordHistory =4

But, if as you say your company doesn't have any security policies on Exchange...become non-provisionable :smileytongue: Although you wouldn't be able to wipe via OWA, if your phone was stolen/lost :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aegils

The code that the phone is asking for is the code users make when seting up the Exchanges mail account.

That worked for me.

Please use plain text.
yahicham

After I set mail for exchange to my nokai n9 , the phone requested a security code , even I never set a security code before, I tried the known defaults , but none had worked,

any information about that??

JudaZ wrote:

Nokia N9 does not have a default lockcode so therefore 12345 does not work as with other devices.  (the default lock code is blank)

and if previous advice above with using your Nokia Account password does not work, and you don't have set up a Mail for Exchange account, I'm sorry to say that you need to contact a Nokia Care Point so they can help you out.

Please use plain text.

Yes, the "Exchange" password would have worked for me as well, if I hadn't lost that 20-character random password.

It seems that N9 insists on having a phone security code when the user registers a password for any service (exchange mail etc).

Unfortunately the N9 dialog horribly misleads the user into believing he/she sets the SERVICE password, not the PHONE password:  "Please set a new phone security code for the Exchange server password" os some similar phrase.  The result of this is that a lot of N9 owners have bricked their phones when setting up service accounts.

I got to use my new N9 for 1 hour before I had to send it in for serive/resetting, which was very annoying.

Please use plain text.
pwetere

I brought my n9 off a friend.. I have never had a security code on it upon turning my phone on after it had been dead it asked for a security code (my friend also said she never used a security code on it) then when I put in 0000 it didn't work

I tried again wit 1234 and 12345 and it still didn't work.. I've tried EVERYTHING!! And it still wont work!

HEEELLLLLPPP

Even my nokia account password doesn't work cause the password for nokia has a full stop in it.. 

Very upsetting

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mcnalljj

Have you tried to change your Nokia password online? So that it doesn't have a fullstop in it?

I've now setup the back up contact, giving me a bit of peace of mind. (Though it's my wife, so she can now 'request' my passcode) :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
pwetere

I just tried it.. Pretty depressing cause it didn't work.. grr!

nokia told me to take it in so I can get the phone reset and what not.

There goes all my music, photos and videos that I didn't back up on nokia..

shammit!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlbertN

I've got a bit different question regarding security code. Of course, I set somehow this code some time ago creating MfE account but happily this code wasn't mandatory (Security -> Device lock -> Autolock: Never) 

So now I don't remember it.  I'd like to clean up my device (Reset -> Clean device) but it turned out that to do this I have to enter this code (this feature has been introduced with PR 1.1)

Now I have my N9 working properly but I don't know this code and I cannot change it. I could clean up my device, I don't care about my data, I created a backup.

I've found this in an official Nokia N9's user guide: "Number of tries — Set a limit for incorrect security code attempts. After the limit is reached, the phone is reset to original settings and all user data is deleted." That would be OK for me.

The question is: if I set Number of tries from UNLIMITED to 10 and I enter 10 times wrong security code (because I don't know it) and my device clean up then after restarting my N9 will keep asking me about security code or not?  Will my unknown security code wipe out as well along with my personal data?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mcnalljj

Have you made sure that (changing the number of tries) is possible, without the security code?
You could try syncing with someone else's exchange server (where you know an admin) and ask them to wipe your device from the server side... that should work too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlbertN

> Have you made sure that (changing the number of tries) is possible?

Indeed, I've checked it already and unfortunately it is impossible. So the last chance has failed. To sum up, current situation looks like that: I've got N9 device which is working properly until I start mess up with security code - If I ever set up a new MfE account inattentivly or switch on security code accidently in some other way then I loose control over my device.  This unknown security code is real ticking bomb.

> You could try syncing with someone else's exchange server and ask to wipe your device...

I know admin of my current MfE account quite well, so could you give me more details how he would be able to wipe out my N9 device from Exchange Server side ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mcnalljj

Lol...there's an easier way of course, go on to OWA (if you have access)

Click Options.
In the Navigation Pane, select Phone.
Click the Mobile Phones tab.
Select the ID of the mobile phone that you want to wipe and remove from the list.
Click Wipe device.
Click OK.
Click Remove Device.

For the admin to do it, from the Exchange Management Console:

Recipient Configuration > Mailbox.
Select the user from the Mailbox window.
In the action pane, click Manage mobile device, or right-click the user's mailbox, and then click Manage mobile device.
Select the mobile phone you want to clear all data from.
In the Actions section, click Clear.
Click Clear again.

This is assuming that you setup the phone as provisionable (can be managed by the server).

Hope that helps
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlbertN

> This is assuming that you setup the phone as provisionable (can be managed by the server).

Well, it isn't set as provisionable right now, if it were provisionable then I wouldn't be able to set Lock time: never. But I hope I'm able to turn on my MfE account on device as provisionable again to wipe it out? The only concern is that N9 starts asking me about security code immediately once I turn it on.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
argotech

[ Edited ]

Alright.. I just resolved the common problem here with the N9 Security code.

If youre like me, and tried the *** program with no luck, and nothing else is working, try logging onto the Track and Protect program, and if you can get it working, youre set.

Then, go onto the track and protect website with your credentials, and look at the top right hand of the web page. There should be the option to 'lock" or "wipe" phone.

Wipe your phone and youll be back at stage one with a new password.

MODERATORS NOTE: Links/References to illegal software has been removed. Discussion of illegal third party software is not allowed on the forums as it could potentially damage Nokia devices and void any existing warranty. Please do not discuss or distribute illegal software on the official Nokia forums.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GuyWithProblems

So, i accidently LOCKED Track & Protect, now i dont know my security code. What am i supposed to do?!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dhanzvee

oh no...i am facing with that kind of problem too... i already tried to use my nokia account password but it id not work... please help me now....

thank you very much

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

I had the same problem.

It looks like the upgrade of the N9 set the securitz code to something different. It is only possible to have this reset, and your settings lost, at a nokia service center. It would be a curtesy to its customers  that nokia would confirm that flashing the device changes the security code.

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

[ Edited ]

try the steps in http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693

do a zeroize device so

flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure

flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc this did the trick on my N9

Please use plain text.