Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N9 Security Code??

Contributor
Gracie18
Accepted Solution

Nokia N9 Security Code??

GAH! My battery died and upon turning my N9 back on, it is asking me for a security code...I don't have one. In fact, I don't recall even setting one up? I'm quite frustrated, I've tried 123456, 12345, my nokia password (??), looking at the product box for any sort of hint. I can't call nokia care because it's 9pm or so, I need help guys!

Thanks. 

Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Nokia N9 Security Code??

You didn't set up a password in the trackandprotect application?

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Contributor
Gracie18

I did I tried that passcode, but it's not working :smileysad:

Registered Member
pennola

That's very annoying problem (I had it, too).

The solve is to use Your Nokia -account password. Hope that works!

Greetings from Finland,

Juho

Contributor
raivo143

This worked for me. thank you very much :smileyhappy:)
Registered Member
tob651

hi,

after the update you have to type in your security code...but i can't rember it...
my trusty person is my girlfriend, but it's not her mobilephonenumber , that it is saved... so when i want to sent her the code she cant received it because her phone @ work cant received sms ...i dont know what to do now!!!!

Mobile Sensei
Fender77

What exactly is the issue tob651?

Do you have a N9 which you can't remember the scurity code of or your girlfriend? - And does one of you remember it?

I can't make sense out of your post, but that's possibly because I'm Norwegian:smileywink:

Could you please rephrase it?
Mobile Guru

Fender, you can nominate a trusted person to receive an SMS from your phone when you lock and forget the code.. he used his gf's work phone that can't receive or send SMS.. DOH!

Re-installing the firmware will clear the code, I believe.. not that this is of much help if you're on PR1.1
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

lol, thanks for clearing out!
Registered Member
lilfoot

ok i am STILL locked out... i have tried nokia care, 12345, 1234, 123456, my nokia password and nothing works, i have no email set up and dont know what to do... PLEASE HELP
Professor
JudaZ

[ Edited ]

Nokia N9 does not have a default lockcode so therefore 12345 does not work as with other devices.  (the default lock code is blank)

and if previous advice above with using your Nokia Account password does not work, and you don't have set up a Mail for Exchange account, I'm sorry to say that you need to contact a Nokia Care Point so they can help you out.

Advisor
Thebarman

Hi, no default security code in N9 . Also the security code has nothing to do with Nokia account password unless you set them the same. Did you forget your code ? Did u set a trusted person when setting up the security code. You say that you don't have MfE set on your device. How about Track & Protect ? If yes, while setting it up, you would have set the security code up in the device.
Registered Member
Chinoman10

[ Edited ]

Tried 12345, Nokia account password, TrackAndProtect key code, PIN number (again)...
Nothing seems to work, and I REALLY did not want to reset my phone... What the hell am I gonna do now?!

Thanks in advance,
Chinoman10.

Edit: Kept trying my generic passwords, and one of them worked... Strangly, it's not the same password as Ovi's...

Nokia's owned: N8 & N9.
Contributor
Ckris

Hi,

I set my lock code as when setting exchange server. After restart I am unable to enter proper code, so I probably mistyped it when entering in first place. Now I am stuck,  I am not set trusted person, so how to proceed now?

Advisor
Thebarman

Edit: Kept trying my generic passwords, and one of them worked... Strangly, it's not the same password as Ovi's...

Whats so strange about it :-) ? What does the security code have to do with your OVI password ?

You must have used one of your generic passowrds as your security code. 

You might want to use a numeric security code though, if thats easier :-)

Advisor
Thebarman

@ckris : do you have" number of tries" set ( by you or by exchange server) ? One way would be to try wrong that many times and then then clear device would set in :-) you would loose all your data though...

Contributor
Ckris

Thank for advice. Fortunately I was able to guess misstyping thus password. Set trusted contact immediately ;-)
Contributor
feyon9

Hi ! Sorry for my poor English, I forgot my pass code security of mi n9 16 gb black... And need unlock it. Somewhere know how see mi Security code ?

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

This code if forgotten can only be reset by a Nokia Care Point, unless you have specified a trusted person when setting up the security settings.

You should bring proof of purchase with you if you decide to bring it to a care point.

Contributor
feyon9

but not exist nokia care point in mexico... and no have trusted person in my telephone, oooh poor of me.... T___T