Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 battery issue in PR1.2

Professor
JackMerson

@absynth30 But, without the latest update, you won't get some great new features such as my favorite continous shutter mode. Of course, the higher battery consumption is its drawback.

@SITI87hajar I actually tried to let my phone idle until it died. When the battery statistic shows that it only has 19 hours of standby time, the actual standby time is actually around 54 hours or at most 60 hours and more than that, it shows low battery signal. This is why I didn't reply for long, I wanted to test the battery. This shows that the battery statistic is not accurate. In this test, I activate the 3G and 2G, power saving mode off, update feed every an hour, bluetooth and NFC off, Wifi off and brightness 50%. :smileyhappy:

Anyway, our smartphone should not be switched off - it will still degrade your battery life even more. So, don't switch off your N9 only to save your battery life, it won't help.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Anyway, the PR1.3 is here. Unfortunately, I don't get the update yet (Strange enough as I live in Indonesia yet my product code is from Vietnam with a variant. Seems I got the N9 from a wrong retailer. :smileysad: ).

If you got the PR1.3, can you tell me how is the battery? Thanks in advance. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ausadl

It does seem to last longer with pr 1.3 but it is too early to say ... Will need more time to tell ...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rigidsquid

Hi guys, I've experienced this 6x-7x mA idle drain before...I suspected it was a soft ware clash..cos after I ve installed some billboard software this happened.

I have since deleted it all and did a soft reser, everything became normal after that.

I think the two clashing software was "billboard" and another free one..sorry forgot the name..:smileyhappy:

Hope this helps..

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

@rigidsquid

I don't use the billboard for stand by screen application.

But, it seems the PR1.3 fixes this, I will probably end this topic.

Thanks to you all for the reply. Will come back and tell you if the PR1.3 fixes this, it's yet to come here. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SITI87hajar

Hi,

@JackMerson I just got the PR1.3 a few days ago and so far not so good.

The average idle consumption is now getting worst. Up to 120 mAh. The battery drains faster.

I guess maybe I will have to do a hard reset this evening. :smileysad:

Nokia 3310, 8250, 6070, 6060, 3120, 1110, 1280, 5300 XpressMusic, N76, 6120 classic, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, N900, C3-00, N8-00, N9, 700, X2-01, Asha 302, Lumia 610, Lumia 920, Asha 501, Lumia 820 and Lumia 1520... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Usually a soft reset solves this. But since you wanted to do hard reset, tell me how is it. The consumption seems to be worse.

No PR1.3 here still.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SITI87hajar

Hi Jack,

After a soft reset, and them a hard reset, there's no improvement at all. So I just reflashing the phone and no improvements at all. The only thing that I got is that the battery draining is getting worst! But I guess maybe this is a hardware issue since my phone has a very weak signal reception. Especially WiFi. I don't have any idea what to do now.

Nokia 3310, 8250, 6070, 6060, 3120, 1110, 1280, 5300 XpressMusic, N76, 6120 classic, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, N900, C3-00, N8-00, N9, 700, X2-01, Asha 302, Lumia 610, Lumia 920, Asha 501, Lumia 820 and Lumia 1520... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SITI87hajar

And in PR1.3 I'm facing an issue where everytime I switch off the phone or disconnect from the WiFi, the phone will ask to re-enter the account password. That mean I will have to re-login to all accounts.

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Sorry folks. I broke my N9 and it died. So, i guess the PR1.3 solves the issue.

As for SITI87hajar, I think your battery is defected. Bring your phone to Nokia Care for the repair may solves the issue.

Thanks all for once again.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
absynth30

I installed 3 days ago PR1.3 via NSU and at the begining i had idle consuption of about 90 .- 100 mAh. After two hard reset and one soft it got better and now i have around 6 mA which is better that what i had in PR1.1 Oh  yes i forgot to mention i upgraded directly from PR1.1 ( i did not want to have the draining issues in PR1.2 so i skipped this).

So far i am happy with PR1.3

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Well, you were lucky. I have already done 2 hard reset and more than 10 soft reset (Factory settings) and the battery doesn't seem to improve and after the last soft reset, my N9 died and the Nokia Care can't do any help.
Please use plain text.