Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 doesn't boot

Contributor
poisonedslo

Nokia N9 doesn't boot

Hi,

I'm a qt developer and am developing an app for Meego. I was using the N9 for about 2 weeks and then suddenly the N9 doesn't boot anymore. At first, it stopped at Nokia screen and didn't boot. Tried rebooting few times and now it doesn't show any sign of life anymore. Even the charging light is not working when plugged to charger. Is there anything I can do myself or does it have to be returned?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@poisonedslo

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this but does holding the power button down for 8 seconds make the slightest difference?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
poisonedslo

No vibrations, no sounds, no light, nothing...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
poisonedslo

I managed to get to Nokia splash screen again..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

poisonedslo wrote:

I managed to get to Nokia splash screen again..

@poisonedsio

Any change if you connect to charger at this point?

Sorry can't help you any further with this issue, have you asked over at http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=3598 as this may have happened to other users of these early release devices?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
poisonedslo

If i plug it to charger, there is no difference, although when plugged in PC and turned off the PC starts installing drivers and in some internal nokia tools it's showed as in "Update mode", but It's in update mode just for a couple of seconds and then disapears again, so I can't do anything. Maybe there is some way to keep phone in "Update mode"

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

did you hold the power button down for the full 8 seconds? even an os issue shouldn't affect this... try holding it for longet and you should feel 3 vibrations.

most of us here can't get an N9 so there's not much we can advise but if all else fails, google 'flashing N9' thats presumong that it can be flashed :-s

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

N9's firmware files is already on famous unofficial flashing tool so if you know what you are doing then you can refurbish n9 using dead usb mode option
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gunsnroses_dxb

seems like i am the 2nd who is facing this problem...

I use all the solution provided in this thread, mine N9 vibrate shows LED light and than shows "NOKIA Logo.. and that's it.

I tried holding the power button for 10 seconds, even more will turn it OFF.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n9phone

after doing the clear device reset on my brand new N9 to get the apps from ovi store and to be able to use ovi maps... I used the phone for a week, did some update when it asked, but shortly after (one or two days) it shut down and acted strange when trying to boot up.. I charge it with the charger and the battery light did not came on.. did long 8sec press.... started to get the nokia logo but it would not turn on.......I charge it with computer and it said it was in update mode.... pressed few more times long short.... and it turned on and worked fine.... but when I shut it off and start it up again it shows device malfunctioning screen (to many reboot) ask to reflash if it won't start up... but when I press the ok button it starts up and works...

do I need to reflash to get rid of the device malfunctioning screen?

I also sometimes started to get green color over screen when putting the keypad lock on..... saw it mentioned in another thread.....

thanks,

David Freyr

Iceland

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gunsnroses_dxb

So it means there are several users facing this problem, there are other threads in different forums about this problem.

More over, flashing is not an easy part unless released by Nokia. I am trying to find a correct flash and method since yesterday evening but didn't get any useful walk through. Only developers knows how to flash and they share their knowledge in a way that it will be difficult to understand for a common user.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jukkapukka75

[ Edited ]

The device reboots and reboots... after few reboots the display says (with a big exclamation mark on yellowish triangle):

Device is malfunctioning

You may try re-flashing the software.

If you are unable to do so, or the problem, or the

problem persists after flashing,

please contact service.

(    OK    )

Software problem (xsession/devicelockd):

too many reboots

Is this the same problem? Well, count me in... :smileysad:

btw, the phone is N9 64GB

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

jukkapukka75 wrote:

The device reboots and reboots... after few reboots the display says (with a big exclamation mark on yellowish triangle):

Device is malfunctioning

You may try re-flashing the software.

If you are unable to do so, or the problem, or the

problem persists after flashing,

please contact service.

(    OK    )

Software problem (xsession/devicelockd):

too many reboots

Is this the same problem? Well, count me in... :smileysad:

btw, the phone is N9 64GB

What is your product code? (You can find this on the back of the sim tray, its a 7 digit number, starting with 0

Does yours end in "J1V4" which would indicate it is an Austrian 64GB Black phone?

Does it end in "j187" which would suggest it was from Sweden, possibly?

If not, can you let us know what yours is, and from where you bought it..

it seems that there have been issues with many Austrian 64GB black handsets and some Swedish ones too :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jukkapukka75

[ Edited ]

it does end j187, and I live in .fi

moar to hate the swedes?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

What operating system are you using? Windows, Linux or MacOS?

I can give you a hand at getting it going again...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jukkapukka75

I'm using W7 64-bit

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Check your personal messages.. let me know if you have any problems
Please use plain text.
Advisor
badkya

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue as @gunsnroses_dxb...

I removed Twitter hoping to reinstall it as I was having trouble with logging in... However, it seems to have removed some other important system packages that may be preventing the device from starting up...

Any idea how I could restore the device?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

What is your product code? Its the numbers/letters printing on the back of the SIM card tray? Post the last 4 digits back here..
Please use plain text.
eschnepel

I am having similar problems (boot loop caused by xsession/sysuid).

My FCC ID is LJPK and I am running W7/32.

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.