Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 keeps asking me for my passwords

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Nokia N9 keeps asking me for my passwords

<body><p>Is this even normal?? My N9 keeps asking me for my twitter and facebook paswords every now and then its getting annoying now. This happens everytime i switch between wifi and 3g connections and sometimes just randomly. I thought the update would fix the problem but it did not. Any idea?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

after doing the pr1.1 upgrade, it is doing the same for me for my email addresses.

i havent had the time to suss it out yet.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jayzteroid

My N9 keeps asking me all the accounts except YouTube.
One solution is to leave FB, Twitter, email and so on running in the background.

I'd like to see Remember password option.

Lumia 1020, N9, 808 PureView, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Vote NO to Nokia - MS -deal.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gunsnroses_dxb

I have the same issue with Facebook only!! I wonder why I have to configure account if it has to ask me password each time.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

ceroberts75 wrote:
after doing the pr1.1 upgrade, it is doing the same for me for my email addresses.

i havent had the time to suss it out yet.

No issues with password prompts for multiple Email accounts synchronised manually, although no FB or Twitter accounts activated.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
khoulem

Me too and it's really anoying. IS it possible to have the solution even if it's a complete re-flash.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tiukka

same here. this sucks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaripi

Did you try to delete that account (from accounts) and then, to re-create it (through that program again) ? - it should fix it and it is an easy job :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
khoulem

I tried and it happens again. It's the same with facebook, gmail, skype and nokia account
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

<body><p>it did do that to me once. i had to regurgerate all passwords. after a crash and unvoluntarely reboot. but since than it is calm again.
Please use plain text.
bastemannen

Got the same problem, started after a week after the first update. After every restart or a specific time online I was prompted to insert the password for google, skype, facebook and nokia account... tried various resets clearing the device and restored settings, ending up not being able to attach it to the computer anymore without it rebooting.  Tried to follow the instructions using nokia software updater too but that ended up very difficult due to the rebooting as soon as I attach it to the USB cable of the computer. Now I have a screen complaining the device is not working properly due to too many reboots..I believe the next thing will be to stop by the nokia care point. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaripi

for khoulem ... did you restart between deleting and recreating ? ... it should works ...

Please use plain text.
milhousevh

[ Edited ]

Check this bug over at harmattan-bugs.nokia.com:

https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=123

It's marked as fixed, meaning it will be released in a future firmware update, hopefully PR1.2 (no idea on when).

In the meantime, the suggestion from Nokia is to remove all accounts using Settings -> Reset -> Clear Device, and reconfiguring all accounts.

Note that this WILL clear ALL of your data on the device, and that Backup/Restore is NOT an option as you will be restoring your defective account settings, and you'll be back to square one.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
khoulem

[ Edited ]

To jaripi No but I will try it right now. Keep in touch.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

I'm suffering this on one of my devices. It seems to be affecting a lot of people and its clear its something that seems to break, something that can't be fixed by re-creating account settings..

I'm going to spend some time looking to see what is going on with the accounts setup.. In the mean time, it might be helpful to get some debug logs..

If you're feeling super adventurous:

Switch phone into developer mode

Open an x terminal

cp /var/log/syslog MyDocs

Be very careful, the M and D in MyDocs are upper case!

After you've run this command, you'll find this "syslog" file on your phone. Copy it off using email (if you're account is still working :smileywink: ) or using mass storage / USB and send it to me!

Send me a PM for my email address..

Don't post the file here, though.. there is a risk it might contain sensative information (such as a your phone number or email address)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
scdoyle

I have this issue too and with 3 email accounts, FB and twitter it is a real problem as I have to re-enter all the passwords several times a day. I have tried both hard reset and reflash with NSU - neither appears to solve it. Any help would be appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khoulem

OK I tried Jaripi solution and it seems to work.

So I deleted alla my accounts (FB, skype, gmail and Nokia) the I reseted my N9.

I created again my accounts and since yesterday the N9 stop to ask me my passwords at each connection.

Thank you Jaripi.

I follow this post and keep you informed in case of the problem re-occured.

Tks again Jaripi

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jalyst

[ Edited ]

@khoulem

Please confirm that...

Deleting all accts, doing a "full reset", & recreating all accts.

Is still the workaround you thought it was 23 days ago.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jalyst

@khoulem

Please can you advise ASAP.

This affects many people, & is a very inconvenient bug.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaripi

just read up a little, it is there :smileyhappy: ... restart between deleting and recreating of your all accounts ... it should works ... if not, then I suggest you to use Nokia Software Updater to reinstall phone OS by your computer - it is an easy and good solution too (just back up all your vital files before you do that, even you might loose only your installed apps, all other will remain) ... 

Please use plain text.