Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 keeps asking me for my passwords

Contributor
MisterTuti

There are millions of pages documenting this same issue with captchas on other smartphone platforms (iPhone, Android). It always has to do with POP3 and IMAP access (to the service's back end :smileywink:) and not with the web access. Here's another example. Here's another one. Google even has a 'Captcha unlock page' for this.

Of course, people could also try formatting their rootfs (which I did after reading this thread, spending hours reinstalling everything and still having exactly the same problem afterwards...).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jalyst

[ Edited ]

I will try to dig up the report...
In the meantime try reading more threads on the issue.
Esp. over at TMO & FMC....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jalyst

[ Edited ]

Here it is, they confirmed it was fixed...

https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=123#c2

Geez I hope to God they get it into the final build of 1.2.

It's unacceptable to not make it to PR1.2.

Especially since it's been around as long as PR1.0.

This thread is also a worthwile read (all of it):

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80540

It gathers all the different workarounds one can try.

Start with the simplest, & work your way up to the most drastic.

But 1st ask them in the report, why the heck 1.2 apparently "still" doesn't zap this bug!

It may turn out that it's not in the beta build...

You may not get a response, so eventually it may be best to email Lavanya directly.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bouznak

The workaround by Standby78 works for me for the moment. Thank you !

Please use plain text.
artygrf

[ Edited ]

First of all I cannot believe I have to write to some forum to find an answer to my problem and just keep wishing that someone replies. Where are all the contact numbers to call to and to talk a person to solve this immediately?! Or proper help pages from Nokia to guide me through these issues.

Anyway, I couldn't work through these simple steps from Sandby78, I got stuck with these

3) Open the .backups folder from your computer

--> ok, it's empty, now what?

4) go to settings.zip, open /Root/home/user/.signon/backup

--> where is settings.zip? I have not backup folder under .signon either

I have PR1.1

I would have very many angry words about how frustrated and annoyed I'm with this problem but I save you from  those if let me know how to fix this. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lordjani

I have this problem too. Every time i have to boot my phone the accounts become useless. N9 keeps asking passwords over and over.

Offtopic: I have also the Battery drainage bug mentioned here /t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/Battery-drainage/m-p/1186769#M27788

Really hoping Nokia solves these major issues in PR1.2.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
buzzonme

i had this problem too! plus an even worse problem, my messages are turning up under wrong conversation threads of different contacts. so it really bugged me so much, cause it got me confused as to who are sending me messages.

so i 'cleared my device' a hard reset, the second option of resetting the phone.

i hard reset last night and up till now my fb account would automatically connect to chat and becomes available without asking me my password :smileyhappy:

seems like shooting two birds with one stonel :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FbN79

I don't know if is a low impact workaround but in my case seems to solve the problem (not deeply tested yet).

• Close any application, turn off internet
  • Start the console (developer mode)
  • devel-su (rootme is the default password)
  • pkill signond
  • turn on internet

At this point the phone ask you passwords one more time but youll'be ok until the next time you reboot you phone.

If it's any help for developers a attach my syslog

Please use plain text.
pilisopa

I am sure that the only way to solve this and other many problems (bugs) with nokia n9 is to delete nokia n9 and buy some HTC phone!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
pilisopa

maybe pr1.100 solve it?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jalyst

[ Edited ]

PR1.2 has solved it*....

If you don't know how to do your homework that's not everyone elses problem.

For some users it won't just require the update...

It'll require a BU of most important stuiff, a factory reset, & then an update to 1.2.

*confirmed in multiple posts/threads @TMO, even the bug report itself IIRC.

TMO = talk.maemo.org

Please use plain text.
pilisopa

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jalyst

[ Edited ]

^That's one of the fixes (only if it's eligbile for your usage) covered in a thread I've previously referenced.

So that was your problem, are going to apologise for your prior little rant???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stam1na

For me this problem had disappeared but now under PR1.3 it started again for some reason. After reboot I have to repeat all the passwords for all accounts.

dcastrog wrote:
<body><p>Is this even normal?? My N9 keeps asking me for my twitter and facebook paswords every now and then its getting annoying now. This happens everytime i switch between wifi and 3g connections and sometimes just randomly. I thought the update would fix the problem but it did not. Any idea?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jalyst

[ Edited ]

Search & read carefuly 1st @talk.maemo.org, if you cant find the sol'n (it is there), then start a thread in the appropriate sub-forum.

Please use plain text.