Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N9 to miss some markets

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Nokia N9 to miss some markets

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n9_availability_revealed_misses_some_major_markets-news-2841.php

The nokia N9is not going to available for everybody have a read of the above

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

well that's just 4 letters (or even 7 letters followed by same 4 letters)

The video I saw of the N950 today specifically showed a English UK dictionary..

I hope this is an error otherwise I might be really very very upset..
Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

i have read some large stores may get it here in uk but of course not sure 100% at this point
if not you can get it from other country in the EU, it will be still under warranty
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

cp,

i check this list every few hours for your name for a few devices....  :smileywink:

there are guys getting them i know of from tmo and thier apps are boo-boo in some cases.

hope you get at least......2!   :smileywink:

http://wiki.meego.com/Community_Office/Community_device_program/Nokia#Accepted

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

guys there is things called ebay and amazon, i'm pretty sure everyone arround the world will be able to get one, i'm current;y in Lebanon and i bet i'm going to get that sexy black one (yes i'm talking about a phone )

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

would not trust ebay with 5 cent when it comes to buyin phones and amazon will only ship to certain areas with sim free phones

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

play.com has a provisional listing.. that's often a good sign.. they seem to sell nokia kit from day one.. so maybe it'll be available sim free.. fingers crossed

and if I read the thread, I would've seen the link from babis3g!.. whoops! sorry everyone!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

I think expansys is the best for uk or mobile fun

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

I've bought a few Nokia items through expansys and every time it was a grey import.. American usually..and without direct warranty from Nokia..

I have 3 US chargers here.. all three came from Expansys bought nokia kit.. not impressed at all, they never told me the kit was from outside the EU, let alone outside the UK :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

cpitchford wrote:
I've bought a few Nokia items through expansys and every time it was a grey import.. American usually..and without direct warranty from Nokia..

I have 3 US chargers here.. all three came from Expansys bought nokia kit.. not impressed at all, they never told me the kit was from outside the EU, let alone outside the UK :smileysad:

that is just flipping funny all together.  everything i have ever bought from expansysusa has come from UK with 220v chargers!  wth?

also, expansysusa is not even an authorized distributor of nokia products here in the usa.  found out from a vp of online sales here in the USA.  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

ebay i dont trust
amazon i never shoped from there

hmmm thanks for feedback about expancy
if some one is in UK are sending product from US market and if you are in USA are sending from UK

i think will just will send a mate to get one when will be in the greek market that i know to deal with them and are from nokia care direct
thanks

for sure i am not going for wp7
Please use plain text.
Sage
tzsm98

I think folks are confusing the retail availability directly from Nokia with distribution of the device. The US and UK, not on the list, do not have direct Nokia retail sales. In Germany it appears Nokia retail is handled by a third party and not directly by Nokia. Germany also is not on the list. I do not believe this to mean that the N9 will be unavailable in those countries.

If someone has some hard data on where it is going to be distributed that contradicts this please post it.

3390 - 6103b - 6133 - 6290 - 6301b - N78-3 - 5610d-2b XpressMusic - 5800d-1b XpressMusic, N900 RX-51, N8-00, C7 Astound, 808 Pureview, Lumia 1020.
Nicer phones and still no one calls me!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

well, in the USA, there are no carriers that really commit to nokia, and there are only two flagship stores, one in chicago, and one in new york, neither of which will ship devices...which gooses us that live outside those paramters...as with the n900.

this will be like my 9500 and e90 devices and have to be purchased over-seas, with a squaretrade warranty so that if anything happens to the device, it will still be covered.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CTwin1

Dear Jimmy and all others.

I am out of contract with my phone operator. They called me today to fill me full of the usual 'take this average phone for more money its brilliant' bull dust.  Anyway I threatened to leave and asked for my PAC code. Fearing I may actually leave, they responded to my first question. 'Your Sweedish sister has the Nokia N9 for release on September 23rd. When are you getting it?' I was put on hold for 5 minutes and eventually told, "It will be available by the end of September and possibly in August, depending on demand". That means the N9 has been announced by 3 in Sweeden and will also be available about the same time in the UK by a UK network. 3!!!

Don't shoot the messenger.

In an easily accessible world, it is naive to beleive the N9 would not be made available in one of the worlds largest economies and regardless of tie-ins with Microsoft; Nokia is still its own business.

These 'N9 not available in the UK' statements are just media hype and nonsence. Maybe it would be on certain lists if Nokia still had its own online store, which closed at the end of June.

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Time will tell and where the release date came from is another thing no date or price has been even suggested yet unless i have missed something since this news came about.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
CTwin1

Jimmy you have missed something.....

See http://www.tre.se/Privat/Mobiltelefoner/Mobiler/Nokia-N9/?color=4961 

Or Go to Three.com pick Sweeden then search for N9.

You will see from this page at the bottom it sates the 'N9 will be available 23rd September'. 

Three UK have confirmed on the phone, it will also be coming to the UK about the same time.

You now have a date on a website and my word as to what UK Three said.

It really is coming and you should now give me a star!

Please use plain text.
Sage
tzsm98

ceroberts75 wrote:
well, in the USA, there are no carriers that really commit to nokia, and there are only two flagship stores, one in chicago, and one in new york, neither of which will ship devices...which gooses us that live outside those paramters...as with the n900.

this will be like my 9500 and e90 devices and have to be purchased over-seas, with a squaretrade warranty so that if anything happens to the device, it will still be covered.

I thought Nokia has already shuttered its USA stores. Which would explan why the N9 is not on the list for being available from Nokia in that country. I suspect that Amazon.com, which carries US market N8-00 will probably also carry the N9. Expansys already has the device on pre-order status. I had zero difficulty getting a US market N900 from Amazon and from Buy.com, complete with full year Nokia warranty. I'm finding the concern about N9 availability to be a bit of an over-reaction.

3390 - 6103b - 6133 - 6290 - 6301b - N78-3 - 5610d-2b XpressMusic - 5800d-1b XpressMusic, N900 RX-51, N8-00, C7 Astound, 808 Pureview, Lumia 1020.
Nicer phones and still no one calls me!
Please use plain text.