Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Store problem on N9 and other problems

Advisor
ftakopysk

Nokia Store problem on N9 and other problems

Hi,

I had my N9 working without any problems, but then one day, it asked me for login to twitter and even though I entered it, it wasn't accepted and I couldn't login to Twitter at all. So I hard reseted phone and now I have other problems.

1) As all of my apps weredeleted in after hard reset, I wanted to reinstall them from store. When I pick any and hit Download, error message comes up: Dependency notice: To compete installation of battery usage/name of app, a conflicting application needs to be uninstalled. Accept/Cancel. So I hit Accept, app starts to download, downloads, but after it states error: Unable to complete installation. Download file again. Doesn't metter how many times I try to make it or if I try different apps, it alwast ends the same way.

2) Secon issue I have is, that phone asks me for passwords to all my services (FB, Twitter, mail,...) every time I restart a phone. It wasn't this way before.

Could you please advise? Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

you may need to go to:

settings/applications/installations

and "allow installation from non-store sources" just to see if it will allow the download and installation of the external packages required.

as for the second issue. hopefully it will eventually stop.

i dont know why yet, but after i upgraded by flash to pr.1.1 i had the same issues. it eventually subsided.

hope that helps.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaripi

About asking passwords repeatly, just delete your accounts (through accounts app) and then recreate them again, it should fix that problem too ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ftakopysk

I already have Installations from non-store sources switched on, so it's not this. 

and the 2nd thing, I have hardreset the phone, so I had to add all of the accounts again, so this wouldn't probably help either.

I also have feeling, that it all started with installation of PR 1.1, though it did not started just after the upgrade, so I don't know if to blame it.

Please use plain text.
cedricg

Same for me. I created a new Nokia account. Nothing works. Even a hard reset. No apps will download from the Nokia Store. (It says can't download or an app must be uninstalled...) I absolutely don't know what to do...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
peteman123

<body><p>i have exactly same problem in my N9<p><br>
Please use plain text.
cedricg

Problem was solved mysteriously by using another Wi-Fi network. I manually installed some apps like Spotify. Strange! Wi-Fi is a major problem on the N9 (to me at least).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ftakopysk

I have no problem with WiFi. In my case, it doesn't matter if I try to install it using WiFi or cellular network, it behaves the same way.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akk23

I had exactly the same problem regarding the downloads from Store with my N9 after hard reset. (had to do it because of battery draining issues, which started 1-2 weeks after installing PR 1.1)

I was able to fix the problem my enabling the developer mode on the phone, after the which downloading from Store worked just fine. I think this will solve your problem as well.

btw. also the battery draining seems to be gone now.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ftakopysk

enabling developer mode helped with installation of apps from store, but I still keep having problems with loging out of services. Nokia Care adviced to reinstall PR 1.1 through Nokia Software Update utility, but I am not going to the reinstall anytime soon, as setting up everything from a scratch again is nothing og my hobby :smileyhappy: So...waiting for PR 1.2 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jronio

<body><p>hi!<p><br><p>this will sound funny but i'll try to explain my problem with my n9 the best taht i can.<p>this is about my messaging, for example i texted john but when i receive a reply it says it was from peter but it was really from john. am i making sense here? even if i'm on facebook chat with someone, if i go to my messages, most of the time it goes under text message. my messages is all over the place & makes me confused bigtime.<p>in short, everytime i message someone, he/she will reply but under a different name. please help!
Please use plain text.