Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia does not change my N9 that they sold me ...

Advisor
zuritamarduk

Nokia does not change my N9 that they sold me with this LED (battery) indicator issue

[ Edited ]

I bought my N9 one week ago from a Nokia Store (in Turkey), and its LED too is not blinking when charging (like many other N9s that have the same problem). I went to the  store to ask them to change the phone but they reject my request. And more interestingly, its the second N9 that they gave me. Because the first one I bought had had a double tap unlock problem and they had changed it unquestioningly ( unfortunatety do not know if the first one had the issue).

I'm really furious with Nokia now. They sold me a phone which is with an issue, it is their fault. They have to change it, but they pay no attention. And so, I am the one who is reduced to use that failing phone.

Good for you Nokia. Keep going like that and make us hate you. Actually I am the real idiot here. Why on earth did I not bought an iPhone 4S or something else instead this godd*mn phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Re: Nokia does not change my N9 that they sold me with this LED (battery) indicator issue

LED battey indicator issue is a software related problem.....it is solved in latest PR 1.1 update....check whether your phone is running latest software or not.....go to settings menu then click on about product to see if your phone has pr1.1?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuritamarduk

Re: Nokia does not change my N9 that they sold me with this LED (battery) indicator issue

[ Edited ]

Yes, my N9 has the 1.1 update.

And by the way, I'm an hardware editor here in Turkey. So I know exactly how to approach faulty devices. And I had tried everything before I went to the Nokia Shop for my request.

I don't know this is sw or hw related. But it's obvious that there is a problem with my N9, and it's their fault selling these N9s with the LED issue. They have to change it.

And thank you for your answer. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Weblover

Why did they refuse to change it?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuritamarduk

[ Edited ]

They say, they must send the phone to the service for 20-30 days.

But this phone uses micro sim card and I have not any other phone which works with it. This means, I remain without phone until they send my Nokia N9.

And hey! Helloo?! I bought this phone just 7 days ago from a Nokia Shop!! So it's my right to get my phone replaced immediately! I do not want to get it fixed or swapped 25 days later.

And I really want to hear from a Nokia eployee here. What should I do?? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
johanum

by adapter for microsim card
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

You can get the adapter on eBay pretty cheap.

I have a bunch. .if you are USA based. ..send me on and ill shop you one free.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

There's some sw related issues that may cause the charging LED not to blink even though the phone is charging properly. Unfortunately the issue was not yet fixed in PR1.1 but there should be improvements coming in the next sw update.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuritamarduk

Thank you for your answers.

I'm waiting for the 1.2 update. I hope you'll fix that annoying issue.
Please use plain text.