Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E7 instead of N900

Technical Expert
michaels

Re: Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro-USB port getting detached

Hi Calcloud,

Have you contacted the Nokia Care line (1300 366 733) since the repair was refused?If not, this should be your first point of contact, the team there will be able to investigate the circumstances of your case and advise you further.

If you would like further help after calling Nokia Care, contact us via support.discussions@nokia.com and we'll look into the matter on your behalf.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
martin_ghosal

[ Edited ]

My N900 started having problems charging and then it had problems being detected, am guessing the USB port is at fault. I have sent mine off to Nokia through UPS and they have received it and it is in repair. My worry is that people are saying they are receiving Nokia N8s instead of a repaired N900 or a replacement N900, can anyone confirm this? I need a QWERTY keyboard device as it is vital for my study, for taking notes and such. Many students carry around laptops and all sorts, while I had my N900 to do all the work. If they do replace it is it possible to replace it with a keyboard device?

Please use plain text.
calcloud

Thanks Michaels, I followed your advice and rang the Nokia Care Line however they had not heard of micro usb issue and suggested I take the phone to Nokia Care Centre again - they did however extend my device's warranty.

I've sent you an email.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Linuxman

E7 instead of N900

Hi followers,

I hope some of you can help me with my situation.

My USB-Connector broke out around one month ago. Took the Device to the next Nokia Care Centre. This weed I received a SMS that my lil helper is ready to pick up.

Full of happiness entered the shop till the guy told me that they wont receive any N900 or any parts of the device. "The wold wide procedure is to exchange the N900 with a E7". :smileysurprised:

I was not only shocked... I was depressed. This can't be.. i'm working as a Computer Scientist and develop a lot of Apps/Themes and Scripts for the N900.

I mean I realy don't know what to do with a Symbian device.

The issue with the N900 happend within the warranty. Is there any possibility to get a proper device??? I'm earning my $ with the N900... it is not like i want a nice mobilephone to call people.

If they can't supply a N900... than they should send me a N950/9. That would be the best solution for me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FabrizioOrru

Re: Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro-usb port getting detached

I have bought the Nokia N900 in Italy (near Rome) on 22 of December 2010

and on 1 august of 2011 my micro usb port has gotten detached.

I went on a Nokia Point in Rome Via di decima 25a

and they told me that the micro USB detach make decline the 2 year legal warranty

because I stretched the micro USB plug when I had never done it.

I've called the Italian Nokia Care Service (0039 848 390 073) and they first had told me

to go to the Nokia Point Via di Decima and ask them to send the Nokia n900 to the Italian National Lab. So I've again gone to the Nokia Point Via di Decima but they refuse to take my phone telling me again that the warranty has declined.

So I've called again the Nokia Care Service and they had told me that if the engineers

have told that I stretched the micro USB the nokia care could not help me.
I've not stretch my nokia n900 micro USB, I've only plug in and plug out carefully.

I'm so embittered, please can u help me to resolve this bad situation?

Fabrizio Orru'

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Hi Fabrizio,

please email us at support.discussions@nokia.com and add your contact details, we'll ask Nokia Care management in Italy to look into this.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Contributor
FabrizioOrru

Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro-usb port getting detached

Hi Mr Van Delay,

On 1 august 2011 my nokia N900 bought on 22 december 2010 has got his

micro usb port detached. I-ve gone to the Nokia Point in Rome and they told me

that the micro usb port detach make decline the 2 years legal warranty.

So i-ve called the Italian Nokia Care and they told me that only the Nokia Point repairs device

So now what can i do

Whom i have to call to get my Nokia N900 with 7 months of life repaired

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FabrizioOrru

Hi Again Mr Van Delay

sorry for not readin your answer

I will do as u told me

Kind Regards

Fabrizio Orru

Please use plain text.
Advisor

My N900 got broken too today and it was bought dec 09 and here Finland they dont fix them anymore if I am right and they will change broken ones to E7 or N8 which is not acceptable in my opinion I bought it to my mobile linux toy and dont really want any un usable symbian stuff.

So what I should do?

-Tero

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I got back mail from local nokia support and they said that phone will be replaced with another modell because N900 is not available anymore so I will try to contact local consumer ombudsman to see if thy agree with Nokias statement because in my opinion SYMBIAN phone is not similiar to MAEMO phone and local laws says that they need to give similiar phone or money back.

-Tero

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@thuttu77

Probably find in the small print somewhere it says that Nokia's only warranty obligation is to provide a working phone of commensurate value, although I appreciate your sentiments here.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor

aspergerguy: Well that might be true but if consumer protection law says it needs to be similiar then it is meanless what there reads in customers point of wiev other thing is is manufacturer or seller responsible to do something. but anyway if this goes that way you can guess do I bought Nokias anymore personally I liked them in the past but if I get something real **bleep** back from sevice I really wont I am just wondering how much Nokia will respect their customers if its state like this I think it is just right to nokia if it will fall to sewer.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FabrizioOrru

Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro-USB port getting detached

Hi Mr.. Van Delay,

I've done as You told me: I've e-mailed support.discussions@nokia.com

and after some days the Nokia Italia has called me by phone. They have listened to me and they are helping me to get my N900 repaired.
Today, eleven days after my first visit at the Nokia Point Via di Decima in Rome, I've brought my device at the Nokia Point via dell'aereoporto 86 in Rome and they have sent it to the Nokia National Laboratory in Naples.

For September I will have my device back repaired or, if the repair can not be, displaced. Thank You for your precious help.

Kind Regards,
Fabrizio Orrù

P.S. A Nokia customer happy again.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Samusz

Hi all,
After rantling that the E7 they gave me wasn't supported by my provider (SFR in France) Customer Support gave me a N8 .. wich simply didn't worked with my SIM card so I called by and asked for the next 950 or the "old" N900 to get this done (3rd phone in 2 years ... so on)
And .... they said to have found a N900 and would send it to me !
So I tell it to you all guys : don't give up if you need the N900 : they have some left !
my 2c
Samusz
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
clan_mack

I followed this thread carefully since my UK N900 sufferred the micro USB fault. I asked Nokia  service to contact me when they recieved it as advised on here when I signed up for the pickup. When they phoned me before it was sent to repair they advised that an E7 or N8 would likely be sent if it could not be repaired. I politely but firmly said I was not really happy about that and I'd probably even take it back and either try and repair it myself or use it without the USB. I've already bought a universal battery charger and a second battery would keep me running. So they sent it for repair and I got a call back saying it was beyond economic repair but they have found me a replacement. It should arrive today, thank you so much Sarah at Nokia UK. I have really missed my N900 while it has been away.

Please use plain text.

Hello Van Delay.
i also have my usb broken.
my phone is under warranty and nokia asks me to pay 60E for repair.
do you believe i should pay? phone is under warranty and it is a hardware fault so why do i have to pay?
Please use plain text.

hello michael

do we have any news?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oldraf

hi , yesterday i give my phone to nokia care point. One of personnel told me that in 90% nokia reject my claims.
can i count for any help from you if my phone come back not repaired ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oldraf

hello ??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oldraf

Today i call to nokiacare, they reject my claims.....       

Anybody ?

Please use plain text.