Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro...

Advisor
alan_brown

Re: Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro-usb port getting detached

Hi all, well what can i say , WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL NOT BEEN SORTED WITH THESE N900's

ok., i got back from eygpt and yes my mini usb connector finnaly came away , so after e mail to nokia, "ups" picked up my n900 took it back to nokia, and 4 days later i recieve package of shiny new nokia n8:00 , well after having a play with there new n8:00 i was very inpressed, well after three years waiting i get sat nav on my phone. (albiet not on a n900 as promised 3 years ago)

Right here is where nokia is not telling you , all n900 warrenty's are still active , this is due to THE VALUE FOR MONEY clause , and no one that owns a n900 has had value for money because NOKIA KNOWINGLY SOLD A FAULTY PHONE  not just the mini usb , but the promise that in the next few weeks we would get sat nav on the n900, when it was first launched , it was not our fault they couldn't get it to run on nameo , £500 for a product that in some cases didnt last 2 years , is not value for money.

SO STOP MESSING AROUND NOKIA ,,, AND REPLACE ALL THE N900'S STILL OUT THERE WITH THE N8 ,,, JUST LIKE YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME ,,, AND YOU WILL WIN PEOPLE BACK (ITS THAT GOOD) AND THEY WILL TELL THERE FRIENDS ITS BETTER THAN THE I PHONE 

THANKS ALAN

Please use plain text.
MRudei

Hello all. At first sorry for my very very bad english. I am from Germany

I have a very very big problem with one of my two Nokia N900. Last November (November 2011) one of my two N900 became a broken Micro-USB Port. I contacted Nokia via phone and they instructed me to bring the N900 to the next Nokia Service Point. I did so... One week later the Service Point called me and they said that my phone works good. At this time the N900 still had warranty. I drove to the Service Point and got my phone back. I tried to load the battery but it failed. So I took the phone back to the Service Point for the next repair. Two weeks later i got a call. They said with the charger at the Service point the phone would charge. They sold me the charger. With this charger the phone worked for two weeks, then the same error occured. I took the phone to repair again. The problem is, the phone has no warranty anymore, the service point sended the phone to Nokia, and there it is right now. Noone can tell me if the phone get´s repaired or something. It has no warranty anymore, the Service point could not repair it and yeah... it looks like I have to pay for the repair... That is a really great service... I am very disappointed about this. I hope someone from Nokia can me help out with this. I allready sended an Email to Nokia Germany but it takes seven days for an answer

Please use plain text.
wawan6o

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem than you :smileyhappy:

Since January i try to contact nokia because they refuse to repair my N900 (they broke my guarantee and give me back my N900 because they has seen oxydation on microSD port ... **bleep** ?)

I'm a computing student and i really like the maemo device, build application and make some code on N900 is really cool 8).

Since yesterday i'm speaking with mail with a nokia expert on twitter, and i send him my mail adress, and i hope this problem ( during since 4 month) gone take off, and they repair or send me another device :smileyhappy:

I give you feedback too on this forum :smileywink:

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
duManoj

I have a n900 bought back in 2010 and is still under warranty. But when I approached the Nokia care centre and the Nokia care email service, both denied me of the service to repair under warranty despite of referring to this thread. I think Nokia doesn't care anymore about any phone that is not Lumia/windows phone. Especially the ones that run Maemo or MeeGo.
Please use plain text.
rohitdhaka

i dont know this is right place for asking but i want to ask nokia why u dont relaunch nokia n900 upgrade version? this is amazing device with great os.
Sorry for my bad eng.
Please use plain text.
chris82055

Re: Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro-USB port getting detached

Hi,

I'm Christopher Oparah and although my Nokia N900  phone had the same problem ,I've gone to the requisite Nokia Care points at Birmingham,United Kingdom where I reside.The Phone was purchased in June 2010 in Enough,Nigeria from Fine Brothers Ltd,a reputable dealer and has given me sleepless nights in regards to repairing the micro-USB hub which has gotten detached.The Nokia Care point in Birmingham(Fone City ) says it's irrepairable.When I begin to think of the resources that I invested in purchasing the phone,I begin to weep.Under the circumstances,as it'll be considered a non -warranty repair(which will be paid for),how do I proceed and where do I carry the phone to?

Please use plain text.
maqczo

Today i get my n900 to the nokia care service with detached mirco-usb.

I told that on the forum is a thread with oficial letter from Nokia, that You are going to repare it.

Of course the woman from service get my phone, but she told that probably it is my fall that the usb port had been detached.

I used my phone very carefully and i think that this problem is factory defect, because i think that every n900 was connecting to the loader many times and every n900 have a 50% chance that you get a loader's end with the micro-usb port.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@maqczo

I doubt very much whether there any remaining N900 still with a valid warranty and even so with spare parts now so scarce phone would probably be replaced with working device of commensurate value which is Nokia's only warranty obligation.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Morit

Why this repair is not done even after the warranty expires?

If this is a build in flaw which obviously is since a high percentage of this phones has the broken connector issue it should be repaired even after the warrany expires.. Just a logical assumption.

(And yes, I am the one that had it broken for more then a year.. but I found the ways to charge and not want to be without a phone for a couple of days.. slept through the warranty expiring while it finally stoped charging at all)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
annie15

[ Edited ]

hello :smileywink: For anyone who wants to do this usb repair i will assist and stay with it untill you finish as long as you get me online.until the next iphone 5s.

Other members can also assist ie dr_frost_dk

It is worth the try because it is now becoming apparent that Nokia are not replacing the N900 and leaving you no other choice but to self repair.

Moderator's Note: Hyperlinks advertising Non-Nokia products were edited out.

Please use plain text.
Geo101

I have a N9 for 2 years now and over the last two or so months, the charging via the USB connector has become very unreliabe.

I am at the stage now where I have to balance the charger plug at a certain angle to get it to charge.

The problem is surely with the microUSB connector becoming worn as I have tried several different chargers, and they are all the same to varying degrees.

My questions are (I am aware that this will not be fixed under waranty)

How much would I expect to pay for a repair (I am in Sydney, Australia) and

Will Nokia do this as a fee type repair?

Has there been any modification or retrofit to the supplied connector to reduce this fault re-occuring?

Please use plain text.