Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Nokia wonts open aplications

Please use plain text.
kyllerbuzcut

Re: Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro-usb port getting detached

I recieved an email which said "Thank you for contacting Nokia Care
You will receive a separate e-mail containing your request ID."
I have not recieved this second email with my repair request ID.

I originally filed a repair request on Wednesday 22nd of September and was told I had to back up my data. This has taken a long time as the part which has malfunctioned means this is very hard to do and I don't have a lot of time to do so when not at work.

I contacted Nokia support at the time explaining this and asking for direction but recieved no reply.

The repair request Process explains the warranty check was only valid for 10 days, so I therefore filed another repair request. I explained all this in the request description, but I don't even know if anyone reads these as it seems like an automated process. This is the request I have not had an ID for. It is now looking like the warranty check will run out again before I have even been given a new repair ID. I just want someone from Nokia to respond and tell me what I need to do to get my device fixed.

It's all very well saying 'just back up your data then post your device to us', but when they only give me 10 days to sort it and it takes that time to back up the data then what in hell are people supposed to do?

Does anyone have a contact email please for anyone/anywhere at Nokia that works. It's like trying to find gold-dust getting an actual email address of someone at Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mad_customer

The issue with this phone was never fixed and several attempts to get tangible help from the support line has been fruitless.  I don't understand why you deprive a customer of their phone for a certain number of days and not resolve he issue the first time around.  Then have the nerve to ask them to do it again a second time without any plan of providing a loaner phone or just replacing the phone for the inconvenience caused.  This hardware issue with the N900 micro usb port has been broadcasted on the nokia website but there's still issues with the local care centers not repairing the phones due to the lack of know how.  This is getting very frustrating for customers.  I have used nokias since I can remember and all my family members are nokia fans.  We spend 1000s of dollars on these phones to buy them unlocked in the US because carriers don't carry them.  I am very dismayed and disappointed in the level of service Nokia is providing to solve a manufacturing defect.  I don't believe I will be recommending nokia phones to anyone I know unless this horrible customer service I am experiencing turns around.

Please use plain text.
vandelay

Sorry to hear about your problems - if you have any problems with getting your USB port fixed, please email your experiences with full contact details (phone and/or email + country) to support.discussions@nokia.com so we can get the local Nokia support team to contact you.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wearside07

hi everyone

My Nokia n900 is with the manufacters with regards the usb fault , vodafone couldnt repair the phone it has been 2 weeks now i know vodafone dont supply this phone so iam just hoping and waiting

cheers

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wearside07

Hi guys

Just got a refurb nokia n900 from vodafone today they stated they couldnt repair the fault within a reasonable  timscale so they gave me a serviced refurb phone and said the waranty is still valid for the device

cheers

mick

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
blackbagz

I have mixed feelings about this and i'll attempt to explain.

when this thread first came out, i didn't have this problem...at least i didn't think i had this problem.  That was until i noticed that plugging the charger or the usb cable into the phone did not instantly connect and i had to twist the wires in a certain way before connection was established.  Following on from this, i became another statistic for this usb getting detached.  it happened to me a week ago.

So i was able to perform a backup onto my sd card.  great.  however, believing that i was going to get MY phone fixed, i handed it over to CPW, the designated nokia repair centre based in my locale.  Great.

So i received a txt message yesterday advising that CPW could not fix my problem so they were going to pass it onto Nokia.  Oh here we go...so i guess i'm not going to see my phone now for a further two weeks.  marvellous.  so i reverted back to my now stable n97 (gutted i had to go back to the symbian platform tbh but had no choice)

So then it was a huge surprise when i received a txt from CPW saying my phone is ready to be picked up. EH???  it was on its way to Nokia the day before but now they've turned around and fixed it?

So no guesses to what happens next

I arrive at CPW to pickup my phone and receive.....a brand new one.

So naturally i'm extremely happy i have a phone in my hands within a week, but extremely disappointed because my problem on MY phone was not fixed.  I feel my issue will resurface with this new phone and at some point i will have to go back to cpw to report the fault on the new device i've received....well it's all new bar the battery and the back case (i guess some way of making me feel i got my old phone back!)

I can't even bring myself to say well done because this whole process breeds flaws and the original problem hasn't been resolved, has it?

Bagz Rules :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
vandelay

I am under the impression that this problem was fixed for all new N900's as soon as it was identified and a fix was available. Not all N900's were affected by this even in the beginning, and there shouldn't be any problems with the USB port after it has been repaired or if you now receive a new replacement phone.

(Again, if you have any problems with getting your N900 usb port repaired, email us at support.discussions@nokia.com)

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
blackbagz

Think you're missing the concern here. my problem was not fixed/repaired - i was given a new one. this means the original one i had was not repaired and returned. this means i could potentially have the same usb problem on this new replacement i have. do i get a new one each time the port pops off?

Bagz Rules :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
darkiaia

Well, the exact same thing happened to me.

I bought my phone in US and now I'm currently in Argentina. I had to send my phone back to US and they sent me a new one...everything is fine except for the fact that if I charge it with the computer cable is fine BUT if I decide to charge it with the regular charger, the USB port doesn't fit anymore and if I force it a little doesn't charge...fun, right???

Please use plain text.
dandelneg

Re: Nokia responds to reports about the N900 micro-USB port getting detached

I bought a n900 in the U.S, and brought it to Portugal, where I live.

Having the Micro-usb port getting detached, I contacted Nokia in Portugal.

After several contacts they said:

1 - They would not repair the phone under the international warranty

2 - They did not repair it at all, even if I pay.

I returned the phone to U.S and there, they said:.

1 - They would not repair the phone under warranty

2 - They would not repair it at all, even if I pay, but I could send the phone to OnSiteCellularRepair.com, where (as I discovered) for about $50 they could repair my phone.

I think that, after having bought every Nokia Communicator Nokia that is on the market, this was the last Nokia I will buy.

Please use plain text.
beornottobe

can you help me in how can i use the secondary camera for my mobile
Please use plain text.
vandelay

dandelneg wrote:

I bought a n900 in the U.S, and brought it to Portugal, where I live.

Having the Micro-usb port getting detached, I contacted Nokia in Portugal.

After several contacts they said:

1 - They would not repair the phone under the international warranty

2 - They did not repair it at all, even if I pay.

I returned the phone to U.S and there, they said:.

1 - They would not repair the phone under warranty

2 - They would not repair it at all, even if I pay, but I could send the phone to OnSiteCellularRepair.com, where (as I discovered) for about $50 they could repair my phone.

I think that, after having bought every Nokia Communicator Nokia that is on the market, this was the last Nokia I will buy.

Hi dandelneg,

sorry for not seeing your post earlier.

There is no international warranty for Nokia phones (there is a pan-European warranty within the EU and a few European countries) but I am surprised that Nokia Care in Portugal couldn't fix this even for a fee.

But please email me your contact details and any other information that might help to support.discussions@nokia.com so I can have Nokia Care in the USA investigate why your N900 was not repaired under warranty there.

Please use plain text.
dandelneg

[ Edited ]

Hi, vandelay

This soap opera continues.

After sending my N900 to OnSiteCellularRepair.com, to pay for the repair, they told me that my mobile was under warranty and sent it to Nokia US.

I'm waiting... A little bewildered.

Daniel del-Negro

Please use plain text.
HypedKidz

Hi, Im from New Zealand

My N900 is broken aswell and i brought it back to the supplier, when i went in they werent happy at all i told them what have happened and also about how if my phone is still in warranty they will still have to fix, refund or replace. Instead he told me alot of nunsense about how i was making things up. I am sure this charging port was a Manufacture Defect they just keep brain washing and told it was my fault. vandelay is there any Official Statement saying this is a manufactures defect, because on there policiy it says that if there is a Manufactures Defect they will have to refund this. I have been planning to take legal actions against this business because of one of New Zealand's policy.

Thank You

Concerned User~!!

Please use plain text.
vandelay

HypedKidz wrote:

Hi, Im from New Zealand

My N900 is broken aswell and i brought it back to the supplier, when i went in they werent happy at all i told them what have happened and also about how if my phone is still in warranty they will still have to fix, refund or replace. Instead he told me alot of nunsense about how i was making things up. I am sure this charging port was a Manufacture Defect they just keep brain washing and told it was my fault. vandelay is there any Official Statement saying this is a manufactures defect, because on there policiy it says that if there is a Manufactures Defect they will have to refund this. I have been planning to take legal actions against this business because of one of New Zealand's policy.

Thank You

Concerned User~!!

I think it's easiest if you email with details me so I can get the local Nokia office involved, see address above. They can assist and contact you and the Nokia Care point in question.

Please use plain text.
HypedKidz

Hi,

I have contacted Nokia and it has already been 2 days since they have given me a reply. I do not know what else i can do

Please use plain text.
vandelay

Nokia Care in Au & NZ has confirmed that they received your details so they should contact you soon.

Please use plain text.
HypedKidz

Thanks they have already replied telling me to go back to the business, but despite me telling them over and over again they refused to give me a refund or anything like that.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cherry201020

Hi,

I have the same problem. If I will be given a brand new one, will it be boxed with the full accessory as when I bought it or just the phone?

Thanks

Please use plain text.