Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Not able to configure E mail

Advisor
White_Tiger
Accepted Solution

Not able to configure E mail

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in configuring my E-mail account on my N-900. I have an e mail a/c with "in.com" and this domain is not prescribed in the list of N 900. When i select other and try to do further settings the same is not getting set.

Pls help and guide how to proceed. Personal Message me.

MODERATORS NOTE: E-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Not able to configure E mail

@White_Tiger

Presumaly IMAP not POP3?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
White_Tiger

Dear  Aspergerguy,

Thanx for your revert. But very honestly speaking, i am not a techno savvy guy. It would be a great help from your side if you can guide me step by step. I tried both POP & I MAP, but not able to proceed further.

The domian is "in.com". Awaiting your guidance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

well, i tried to create an account to see what it does.

it is much like yahoo.

i tried:

mail.in.com
imap.in.com

for outbound and none would connect

after a little google searching, it seems that just like yahoo, it has no pop3 access (for free) and also, said to have no smtp access (for outbound email)

i have sent them an email asking for the settings.

IF i get an answer, i will post here. if there is no additional post from me here, then they did not answer, and we can assume it will not be available.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

here was thier response to my message:

Dear User,

Sorry, Not started with Pop and smtp server facility but you can check mails at m.in.com/mail. To use In.com mail, you have to go to http://m.mail.in.com from your mobile browser and login using your username and password.

Team In.com

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Advisor
White_Tiger

Thanx for the help

Please use plain text.