Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

OVI PC Suite

Counsellor
nabeelurrehman
Accepted Solution

OVI PC Suite

Dear fellow,

I have installed OVI PC suite on my laptopwith windows 7. After successful installation of suite, when i connect my N900 with laptop, it gives an error your device is not supported.

Plz suggest some solution.

Thanks in advance.

Nabeel ur Rehman
Please use plain text.
Walzi

Re: OVI PC Suite

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. Plus, i cann't take pictures or videos with my n900 cam! If i take a picture seconds later i get an error message: action aborted.

pls hepl

edit: cam problem done!  but not the ovi suite problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

ovi suite 2.1 does not support the N900.. you will need to use pc suite or wait until ovi suite 2.2 is released
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nabeelurrehman

Oops... ok, lets hope for the best.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge :smileyhappy:

Nabeel

Nabeel ur Rehman
Please use plain text.
Advisor
valentinv

And when will Ovi Suite 2.2 be released?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

it is being beta tested at the moment, so hopefully not too long now
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tony123

hope its soon!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi all,

Nokia OVI Suite 2.2 is now available. N900 also supported now excluding Messaging and MMC content. Support for those will be added to later OVI Suite versions.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

with PC Suite there is no maploader
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kamrul

Hi ThreeOs:

Please send the link.
Nokia N8
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

ThreeOs wrote:

Hi all,

Nokia OVI Suite 2.2 is now available. N900 also supported now excluding Messaging and MMC content. Support for those will be added to later OVI Suite versions.

-ThreeOs

I STILL DO NOT RECOMEND USING OVI SUITE IF YOU PLAN ON SYNCING ANYTHING.

there are very few people that are using the n900 that get it to work quasi-good at all.

here is the link so that you can try it.

i hope it works for you.

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_Ovi_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe

if you are going to sync any of your data like calendar, contacts, notes, then i would suggest making a duplicate copy of your .pst file if it is in outlook and be ready to just swap it back after you try to sync.

ovi suite makes a mess of those things, in MOST cases.  not ALL.

good luck.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

I'm just wondering if this is something that Nokia is aware of. As they half heartedly faced out PC Suite it leaves there customers confused. 

I posted a question at nokia support so let's see what answer they come up with.

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

Dear ceroberts75.

PC suite's Map Loader is not supported by Nokia any more. Please stop giving bad advise on these boards to innocent users. It makes these boards an unreliable source of information to Nokia customers. 

A Mobile Visionary should know better.

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

PC Suite is not supported by Nokia anymore. 

Some bad advice there, cpitchford.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

when it is not fully supported at all, then it will be buried into the bottomless abyss and no longer be available for download on thier site.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-and-software/software/nokia-pc-suites/compatibility-and-download#

for not being supported, it sure is easy to download from NOKIA's site!

not supported...or not promoted, is a big difference.   of coarse, if nokia actually did support any of thier products the way they are needed to, users would not come here or to some other sites to get answers that NONE of the nokia employees know about, until you get to executive resolutions.

comments and friendly rallies are always good, but slander is pants, especially without background to back it up.

personally, i am the first to admit if i was wrong and have no problem doing it publicly, but in this case, the support that we give freely, if it didnt work, would not have been said, or the blog would be updated by anything that i have said to pertain to what is working now.

this is why i started the new thread that you can find on your own about the new version of ovi suite the day it came out....but to the dismay of n900 ussers...it is still unstable.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

theking2 wrote:

I'm just wondering if this is something that Nokia is aware of. As they half heartedly faced out PC Suite it leaves there customers confused. 

I posted a question at nokia support so let's see what answer they come up with.

they are clueless.

i have brought it up to them on  many occasions in person.  even showed them....i got the..."oh, wow, we never noticed that" response.  "thanks for showing us, we will have to work on it"

i asked if they actually used n900's to test it with...just got a shoulder shrug.

good luck getting anyone to respond with more then a canned response that really knows and uses it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

theking2 wrote:

PC Suite is not supported by Nokia anymore. 

Some bad advice there, cpitchford.

cpitchford wrote in June:

ovi suite 2.1 does not support the N900.. you will need to use pc suite or wait until ovi suite 2.2 is released

cpitchford wrote in June:

it is being beta tested at the moment, so hopefully not too long now

How is any of that bad advice?

PC Suite was the only alternative back then, before Ovi Suite 2.2 (with N900 support) was released.. Since Ovi Suite 2.2 was released, I've only recommend Ovi Suite..and that goes for Map syncing/uploading too!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

yo king, u got to remember something, ceroberts75 and cpitchford are the 2 highest ranked users in this part of the forums, so trust me they didn't get there by giving bad advices .

pc suite works good with basic usage (backing up restoring....) so does ovi suite, but they are horrible when it comes to syncing contatcs\calendar.... they often mess things up, and map loader works with the n900, very buggy but works, and the map loader that comes with ovi suite supports the n900 just well (i just installed the lebanese maps, wasn't buggy at all).

now my question is, any changes with the latest ovi suite to the n900 ??? i mean if i got a phone call or a text, will i be able to see them on my dekstop's/laptop's screen ?? and answer a call or reply a message from there???

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.