Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi 2.2

Professor
Sever

have you tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

[ Edited ]

i just used the "repair" function thats included in the package, after that its all good.. am now able to access ovi suite and sync my phone..

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Sever

Have managed to retrieve the Application error for the last install attempt:

Faulting application name: Nokia_Ovi_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe, version: 3.0.81.32441, time stamp: 0x4c1b5ab1
Faulting module name: Nokia_Ovi_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe, version: 3.0.81.32441, time stamp: 0x4c1b5ab1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0010cf48
Faulting process id: 0x1c78
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb11f524c9255b
Faulting application path: C:\Users\chris_jones.DENATHOR\Downloads\Nokia\Nokia_Ovi_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\chris_jones.DENATHOR\Downloads\Nokia\Nokia_Ovi_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe
Report Id: 656964e7-7de8-11df-ac3c-002186713ebd

I have no idea what all the above translates to, but maybe someone in Nokia can translate.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

hmm, i dont read code well, but seems like the installer may be corrupt. did you use a download accelerator or something?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

No. I just used plain old Firefox (v3.6.3).

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

hmm, i dont really know then. probably try redownloading it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi

Tried with a new download. Exactly the same error with a slightly different size file. So far as I am concerned now, Nokia is toast. When my phone contract comes up for renewal next month, I will NOT be having a Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

mollcons wrote:

Hi

Tried with a new download. Exactly the same error with a slightly different size file. So far as I am concerned now, Nokia is toast. When my phone contract comes up for renewal next month, I will NOT be having a Nokia.

You tried all the other diagnostics? Disable Anti-Virus for the install, shut down Firewall and try again.

I've found loads of references to that 0xc0000005 Stop Error, but they all lead to different reasons, so could be anything.

All other programs/plugins up to date, like your Java Runtime, etc?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Mick_H1 wrote:

mollcons wrote:

Hi

You tried all the other diagnostics? Disable Anti-Virus for the install, shut down Firewall and try again.

I've found loads of references to that 0xc0000005 Stop Error, but they all lead to different reasons, so could be anything.

All other programs/plugins up to date, like your Java Runtime, etc?

I do NOT disable Anti-VIrus or Firewall for any software installation. This is a business PC that I am using and disabling that sort of protection is NOT an option.

Everything else is ALLWAYS kept up to date. I did not like the previous version of OVI Suite anyway, so I guess that I will have to put up with not being able to synchronise my Nokia phone until next month when I will change it to another manufacturer's product. One that will integrate properly with other business software without being a resource hog.

Please use plain text.