Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi 2.2

Professor
Mick_H1

Ovi 2.2

Is this the one we've all been waiting for?

Ovi Suite 2.2 -> Nokia-Ovi-Suite 2.2

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

Re: Ovi 2.2

yup, n900 is in the compatibility list.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

how do we acquire this?..
Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

go to the link he posted and click download...

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

Ha ha. Can't believe you asked that.

Big green button that says "Download". :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

[ Edited ]

lolz.. never really checked the link.. will do now.. tnx :smileyvery-happy:

what the eefff... its a 100mb application?.. omg, will wait 53mins to complete the download..

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

ichiemie wrote:

lolz.. never really checked the link.. will do now.. tnx :smileyvery-happy:

what the eefff... its a 100mb application?.. omg, will wait 53mins to complete the download..

Blimey!!!! What sort of connection you got then?

Took me just over a minute. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I just downloaded this 98Mb file and tried to install on my Win7 x64 PC and the install FAILS.

Can someone please check that this install program WILL work on ALL Windows versions before publishing. Such a basic error - not checking this.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

its a dsl with the speed of a 56kbps, im not really so sure, but if i test run my connection from speedtest.net they say i got like 0.26mbps connection..
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

mollcons wrote:

I just downloaded this 98Mb file and tried to install on my Win7 x64 PC and the install FAILS.

Can someone please check that this install program WILL work on ALL Windows versions before publishing. Such a basic error - not checking this.

Worked fine for me on XPSP3/32. At what stage is the install failing?

You tried the install with full Admin Rights? Or failing that, you could have a corrupt download.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

uhh, on windows 7 64bit here. works perfectly fine.

when it gets to the install phase, a popup should appear asking you if you wish to allow the application to run, you have to accept that.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

finally, download success after 53mins.. whew.. T_T
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Done.

The Install program then FAILED.

Like I said before, proper testing is crucial before releasing production versions of ANY software. That includes installation testing on ALL platforms.

After this, I am more likely to DUMP Nokia phones. Pity really because I used to think that they were great, but this experience has now jaundiced that view irretreivably.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

Runs OK for me. A bit clunky to get it all up and running.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get it to show the photos on my memory card, where the majority of them are.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

mollcons wrote:

Done.

The Install program then FAILED.

Like I said before, proper testing is crucial before releasing production versions of ANY software. That includes installation testing on ALL platforms.

After this, I am more likely to DUMP Nokia phones. Pity really because I used to think that they were great, but this experience has now jaundiced that view irretreivably.

Hmmmm.... Just wait and see if anyone else comes back with the same problem. Someone may suss something out to get it going.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

[ Edited ]

Mick_H1 wrote:

Runs OK for me. A bit clunky to get it all up and running.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get it to show the photos on my memory card, where the majority of them are.

installation is ok, im on Xp 32 SP 3.. Ovi crashed the moment my pc restarted.. something is not right here..

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

[ Edited ]

@mollcons - rather than just saying 'done' and 'install failed', tell us what error its giving, which part of the installation process its failing at. because something is telling me youre still denying it when that permission pop up appears.

as ive previously stated, im running windows 7 64bit ultimate, and it runs for me. therefore its not an issue with the platform, its an issue that is specific to your computer.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

in my case the error says the following phrase:
"Runtime Error!
Program: C\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Ovi Suite.exe
abnormal program termination"..
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

Throwing back any errors?

You could always have a look in "Windows Event Viewer" in Administrative Tools, see if it gives any clues as to why it's crashing. This'll also have some info that may be useful to Nokia if it's something they need to fix.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

i dont know if i should post the error, but here it is anyway..
"Hanging application NokiaOviSuite.exe, version 2.2.0.241, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."
Please use plain text.