Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PCSuite support not full

PCSuite support not full

PCSuites version, 7.1.40.1, does not support N900 at all.

No way to synchrozise anything after first one.

Only hundreds of lines of error log generated saying "cannot create calendar..." etc.

What to do? Very urgent one this too.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

/discussions/board/message?board.id=maemo&thread.id=346

it's very annoying... why would a big company put out a piece of hardware that has no software support to back it on on the computer?  blows my mind. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Viswateja

yes indeed nokia PC suite will not work with N900 or any maemo in future as nokia has phased out the Nokia PC Suite in favour of the OVI suite.it's an all in one replacement for Nokia music, map loader, PC suite functions, software updater and many more.

get it at http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite 

It's not always about KUDOS, but to make people happy with their Nokia. get the most of your Nokia.And be happy with what u get :smileyhappy:......yet, please dont forget to press KUDOS if my post helped to solve your problem :smileyhappy: kudos=Rep++ :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Ovi suite doesn't yet support the N900 and I aggree that it is a bit strange that PC suite is the only thing that does. the sync support in pc  suite isn't that great either.

syncing in general is a bit poor on the N900. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Same here. Just got the device yesterday and I cannot run email on possibly the most advanced phone in the world!!!! PLEASE SOLVE IT RIGHT NOW NOKIA, or it will get the business users **bleep** off about N900. 
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

To be fair, it is an N series device, not an E series device and not really aimed at business users anyhow! Compared to the older tablets, the sync stuff is at least in there! It will get better, but I don't imagine it's going to be great for a little while yet.. It'd be really interesting to see the first E series maemo device but until then it seems the biggest concern is media and social stuff.. and even then it still needs work..

Don't get me wrong, though... I'd love to have better sync support!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

HEllo? Not an E series? So only ESeries are supposed to have good email? This is not 2005! Nokia made us pay through the nose for this, there is no way this is acceptable at any level. 
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

talhamid wrote:
HEllo? Not an E series? So only ESeries are supposed to have good email? This is not 2005! Nokia made us pay through the nose for this, there is no way this is acceptable at any level. 

I was really refering to

PLEASE SOLVE IT RIGHT NOW NOKIA, or it will get the business users **bleep** off about N900. 

I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually.. not excusing them, though

You haven't actually said what it is you can't do.. (or at least not given enough detail)

Please use plain text.
Professor

Allwaysinbeta:

What is the deal with starting new threads when you don't like the answers in old threads - very trollish behavior.

Your posts are full of misinformation--- feeling the need for iTunes?  

Details man, details.  Are you using usb....are you selecting pc suite mode when you connect the N900?

Looking at your posts I would suggest 1) read the manual. 2) if you do not feel competent enought to use a smartphone may I suggest a nice feature phone like the iPhone.

Being inqisitive helps, being honest is imperative.

Please use plain text.
Professor

"HEllo? Not an E series? So only ESeries are supposed to have good email? This is not 2005! Nokia made us pay through the nose for this, there is no way this is acceptable at any level.  :

talhamid:  Think- type- think again.  Do you realize how ignorant your post makes you sound.  Basically makes everyone think you are a troll and a simpleton who can't control his mouth or his wallet.  The reason Nokia makes more then one model of phone is because thay have different capabilities -choose wisely you will avoid dissapointment.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

DrEJV: Normally I don't get into internet scuffles. However, in my millions of years on the net forums, no one has called me a troll or a simpleton. So I ask you a favor:

1) Please go to maemo.nokia.com and see what Nokia have promised there. 

2) Please look up the definition of TROLL and SIMPLETON and re-assess where my post suggests such behaviour

3) Does airing one's complaint amount to 'not controlling one's mouth or wallet'? Isn't that what support discussions are FOR?

4) Everyone except Apple makes more than one device. There are basic devices, with limited features. There are midrange devices, with a mix-and-match. Then there are high-end, all-in-one devices, which enable users to just keep ONE machine for all their needs. N900 is supposed to be that one device. Or am I mistaken? The price tag says so. 

5) 'Choose wisely'. Yeah, indeed. I chose N97, it was crippled because of the paltry C: drive. I chose N900 and it doesn't do email reliably and has other quirks. You'd think Nokia flagship phones would get the basics right. Now I am not even supposed to demand a fix for these petty issues from Nokia. Wow. 

I am amazed.  

Please use plain text.
Professor

"a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community" wikipedia

"Nokia made us pay through the nose for this, there is no way this is acceptable at any level."

Nokia put a gun to your head? Or are you attempting to impress people with your mobile?

" PLEASE SOLVE IT RIGHT NOW NOKIA, or it will get the business users **bleep** off about N900." 

The N900 is not targeted to the business community, secondly open source means that it isn't all Nokia's responsibility.

= troll

"A simpleton is one who is simple."

Wikipedia

"Then there are high-end, all-in-one devices, which enable users to just keep ONE machine for all their needs. N900 is supposed to be that one device. Or am I mistaken? The price tag says so." 

Your equating price as the benchmark of a capable all-in-one device is a simplification. 

Sweet:  Primary complaint is not having stable business related functions... and buys two bleeding edge N-Series devices.

If you want help on this site post problems in a well articulated, detailed fashion and the community members will help you solve your issues.  People all over the world are using the N900 with Nokia Messaging, Pop and Imap servers, MFE 2007, syncing with PC-Suite.  When you rant and rail against something that the majority have no issues with...who looks foolish? 

Don't be so amazed you have been on the internet for millions of years.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
zipper22

Please be informed that this is a peer-to-peer forum. Anyone may vent their feelings here regarding Nokia devices, however, excluding arguments with users or posting offensive language. If you wish to make your feelings known to Nokia, you are welcome to contact customer service directly via the "Contact us" link.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

DrEJV: My post was neither of those things and I think anyone can see that. 

Neither am I a person who buys a cell to impress people, I don't know WHY you keep implying that I am ignorant of what a mobile can and should do; as Nokia users we know better than to slander each other's understanding of the product. Did I say it was too big, or too heavy, or black only, or didn't have shiny parts? No, I complained about PC syncing and EMAIL.   

On Planet Earth, price usually equals/implies ability, especially in Nokia's case. I'd be happy if Nokia come right out and say that they'd also like to rob our wallets with another Iphone. I know them to be better than that, and I know N900 is better than that, and that's why I posted those complaints.  

To me, N-series not getting basic email right is a big issue, since most of us cannot and shouldn't be expected to afford two devices. I'd also love to know what fascinating things users are 'sycing' with PC Suite other than calendars and contacts. For heaven's sake, the PC Suite works with almost every S40 and S60 device. Or even that isn't part of the JD of the N900? Oh, forgive me for my oversight/ignorance/trollish behaviour/simplicity. 

Since you don't seem to have anything to say except absurd inferences, hair-splitting, personal attacks and ridicule, I think I'd better wait for someone else's answers to these posts. By the way, this is precisely what I encounter on Iphone users' forums (defending a device's shortcomings, finding excuses for broken parts), so congratulations. 

Peace.  

Message Edited by talhamid on 14-Dec-2009 08:16 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I would look foolish if I put my two cents here. Of course, they are highly opinionated, and adhere only to one philosophy. When I say "they", I am talking about people who make their complaints but does not offer solutions - very much akin to the non-productive group of people who cause progress retardation. Enough said.

In my case, I have some few complaints and praises to the N900. This is not the place for my dissertation. I have in my possession 3 units of the N900. I kept one and the other 2 are going to people who highly educated but objective in their assessment of the product. One of these people tells you bluntly and one, I hope, will tell me more including the practicality of having such a unit in their possession. I am also hoping that Nokia will listen to what these study may come up with.

More later...

"lead, follow or get the hell out of my way!"

Please use plain text.