Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PR 1.2 any news from Nokia?

Sage
wdexplorer

PR 1.2 any news from Nokia?

Just found my phone laying in the shelf for a while. Recalled how excellent was the idea behind the phone, but how awful was user experience (that I finally switched to iPhone).

Recalled that Nokia promised a "legion" of updates.  Are there any news from Nokia on this?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaripi

It is strange - I have chosen N9 instead of iPhone ... it is nice that we have both find our favour ones ...

About PR 1.2, just read here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Blogs/blog/n9-developer/2012/01/16/heads-up-for-harmattan-1...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Not news from Nokia, but its definitely out there

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81521

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

people are different -- so there is nothing strange that I favor iPhone over a good but imcompleted phone

Please use plain text.
Sage
slashd0t

PR1.2 is just about to be released for N950 devs.. Looks like 1.2 for the N9 will be released on Feb 29th.

Lumia 920/N9

Previous Life: N8, N95, 8600, 8800 Sapphire Arte, N97, N97-Mini, 5800 and a few older ones :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

I am very impressed with Nokia's N9 team.....time period between Pr 1.1 and Pr 1.2 updates is small compare to symbian^3 Anna and up coming Belle release
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sw17

Hi - When you say '1.2' what does that signify ? My N9 says its already on Harmattan 1.2.

Is this a 1.2.x type update or something else ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Harmattan 1.2 is the name of os......for example windows 7,windows phone 7 etc
while pr1.2 is up coming software update for N9;s os
currently all N9s are running pr1.1 which you can see in N9's settings menu...About product....version option
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Just installed PR1.2 Beta on my N950.. and it is very very nice! Lots of improvements! Fingers crossed a Gold release for the N9 will follow shortly!

Facebook notifications are great! Forgotten password issues seem to be gone! The camera app is improved, notification / feed control is much better and threaded email is a huge bonus! Good work Nokia team, I hope some of the hardware issues are updated too (particularly wifi and bluetooth) but that will need more testing tomorrow

2 Major releases in 6 months isn't bad, particularly for Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Hey lucky N950 owner!   :smileytongue:  How about you post a nice big juicy list of all the cool new things you've noticed, so that us humble (haha) N9 owners can see what we're looking forward to!

Thanks!  :smileyhappy:

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Also, huge thanks to the N9 team, who are definitely worthy of a pay increase! 2 major updates in around 4 months??!! They are making the N9 better and better, and it was already pretty darn amazing to start with!!

What a phone!  :smileyvery-happy:

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.