Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PR 1.2 update issue

LordJebe

PR 1.2 update issue

Hello!

I was happy to notice that PR 1.2 was released and immediately started updating. The update went swell untill 91%, at which point the phone asked about connecting to Internet, since it had for some reason dropped from my WLAN. I reconnected the phone to the WLAN, and now it's been stuck at 91%. When I lock and unlock the phone, I can see the small plane image in the locking screen indicating that the phone is in flight-mode. Have I screwed up the update, and what can I do for now?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aleks_misyuk

I have the same problem. I reboot my phone and it try rescue update.
Than Twitter and Facebook apps aren't available and more others bugs appear.

Please use plain text.
LordJebe

Have you tried to restore the phone after the failed update?

Please use plain text.
LordJebe

I tried to reconnect the phone to the net by going out of the house so the WLAN connection would drop. It did, and the WLAN connection was established again, but the progress meter is still stuck at 91%. I need my phone tomorrow, so I am going to reboot and if something goes wrong, I'll try to restore the factory settings.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mikhaal_6

Hi all,

I had the same problem and activating flight mode, rebooting and deactivating FM/connecting to w-lan worked for me.

FYI
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Aargh

I lost all the contacts and images. In addition the camera does not work anymore (message: "camera don't response, try again or boot if does not help") nor I cannot write anything because the keyboard does not appear.

Please use plain text.
LordJebe

It seems it depends on at which point the update goes wrong, after rebooting from 91% and doing a system restoration the phone has so far been working perfectly for me.

Please use plain text.
RockySer

I have sam issue with update, I'm also restore but still FB and Twitter not working they got sing " ! " and fail to reinstall.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

With such a big file update via USB is the way to go rather than OTA. That is such my opinion. Cheers mate!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Knutelde

agrees but the option is not there, no NSU update, or atleast not in Norway.. Anyone got an european NSU package ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Knutelde wrote:

agrees but the option is not there, no NSU update, or at least not in Norway.

Sorry your post seems a little ambiguous, does your N9 have a European product code as this is result using N9 with NDT North Europe product code? It's not all good news as can take 85 minutes to download and install!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.