Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PR1.2 Beta screenshots

Mobile Guru

PR1.2 Beta screenshots

Here's a selection of screen shots from the just released PR1.2 firmware for the N950

Facebook message / friend requests / notifications now appear on the lock screen, home screen and as an icon on the status bar:

Unlock screen notificationsHome screen with facebook notificationsLauncher with facebook notification icon

Swype keyboard is updated

Swype keyboard is updated

Copy and paste works in apps for things you can edit AND content (like emails and web pages) (when entering URLs, the browser automatically adds '.com' to the end and has it highlighted so it can be corrected by a keypress

Copy and paste in NotesEditing URL bar in webCopying a web page

History list on web browser is improved

Shows history in web browser

Web browser remembers passwords

Remember passwords in browser settings

Data roaming settings are improved

Background connections whilst roamingRoaming settings

Colour profile setting. not completely sure what it does!

Colour profile

DLNA sharing options

DLNA sharing

Contacts setting has a prefer nickname option

Contact settings

Refresh times on homescreen feeds can be configured (good improvement)

Refresh times on homescreenq

Mail now supports threading

Mail settings has thread optionThread item in inboxThread buttons

Global address book support in mail for exchange

Global address book

When adding a google account, it offers to automatically add a youtube and picasa account

Automatically add accounts

Drop box support

Dropbox support

Updated availability control

Availability control

Folders on the launcher screen (4 items per folder max, it seems), folder name in this example is "folder" good job making a screen shot! You can rename them

Folders on launcher

Map supports compass. Tapping the compass icon a) takes you to your current location, then b) toggles between fixed and use compass mode. It must have a GPS lock to use the compass. Screenshot shows the compass enabled

Map supports compass

Camera updates

Grid

Camera settingsCamera settings

Face recognition in gallery

Face recognition

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

thanks for the screen shots m8! :smileywink:

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bundyo

You can have much more than 4 apps in a folder. Only the first four are shown in the folder icon.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

You're right! I only have one folder on my device at the moment, with four apps inside and I can't add any more items. I created a new folder and moved the items from the original folder across and now I can add more?! strange! Perhaps a bug

That's good to know though.

It seems you can add as many apps as you like to a folder. The apps can be re-ordered inside the folder just as they can on the main launcher. The top row forms the mini icons in the folder icon

Folders cannot be added to folders.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MisterTuti

Another new feature is that you can now set the background of the home screen!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jalyst

Are you sure that copy/paste also works in the email client?

In this thread it's confirmed a few times that it doesn't :smileysad:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81865&page=18

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MisterTuti

I can copy/paste in the mail client, but with big limitations. For example, when I reply to a mail, I can't copy from the original mail lower in the text editor. Or if you just read a mail, you can't copy text from there.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jalyst

Yeah that's pretty useless then, may as well not have any copy/paste support for email.

Sheesh... I hope they can get full support into PR1.4 (if we ever get that), doubt it'll be part of 1.3.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Layer8

The change log mentions support for the front camera.  I don't suppose they've added Skype and/or Gtalk video calling?  Is there anything new in the Camera app that's related to the front camera?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JOBEH

WHEN IS THIS VERSION COMING TO SOUTH AFRICA???? AY AY WAT HAPPENED TO NOKIA, I TRUSTED THIS BRAND BT THE N9 IS VERY BAD BECAUSE OF THE FEATURES THAT ARE MISSING N NOKIA SHOULD REALLY DO SOMETHING TO US,,,,,I NEARLY RETURNED THE PHONE TO THE STORE....NOT EVEN A VIDEO CALL THEN WATS THE USE OF SECOND CAMERA???.....WHAT A DISGRACE !!!! PLEASE REPLY I REALLY NEED TO KNW.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jalyst

[ Edited ]

^ Um, it might be missing many features....
But it also has a bucket-load of features built-in that iOS/Android don't.
If you make the slightest effort to see what's out there...
You'll learn that most things irritating you about it, are rectifiable now or soon.

As to your whining about when 1.2 will be available...

Anyone who's followed the news knows that it's expected to begin rolling out no later than 29/02.

Now that doesn't mean it'll start rolling out in SA then, it may not hit SA till much later.

If your phone is carrier-branded/locked it could take even longer, or you may never get it.

If your N9 is locked or if SA is one of the countries that gets it later than others.

Then you'll have to do some research on how to manually flash/update.

Oh and please don't hijack this thread any more....

Please use plain text.
Sage

Is there finaly a smart dialer like in Symbian?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
JOBEH

THANKS......I TRIED TO UPDATE USING NSU BT ITS SHOWING OLD UPDATES.....

Please use plain text.